Metal / Rock Topic

MetalDaetlaev™

I like some songs from Fozzy.

Do they even do Chris Jericho's theme song "Break the Walls Down" ? If not then that's surprising, even Jeff Hardy has his band do his theme song. Its a good, sub-conscious way of marketing.

If Chris Jericho wasn't the lead singer, would they even have record contract? Probably not.
Probably, I admitt that the only reason I even know about the band is because I'm a huge Jericho fan. Edited by BrotchMrToast™

Do they even do Chris Jericho's theme song "Break the Walls Down" ? If not then that's surprising, even Jeff Hardy has his band do his theme song. Its a good, sub-conscious way of marketing.

His band made an alternative version of "Break the walls down" which I believe he used a dew times a couple of years back (it really doesn't sound much different to the original). But I believe he currently doesn't use "his" version.

His band made an alternative version of "Break the walls down" which I believe he used a dew times a couple of years back (it really doesn't sound much different to the original). But I believe he currently doesn't use "his" version.

Ah I see, I never knew as i've never listened to his band but thought because he's had that song since he came into WWF then it may have been his own song.

Edited by twiggadoodledoo

I think Fozzy are quite good. They are a talented band, and Jericho is a good singer. I doubt they'd have got a record deal as quickly as they did if he wasn't a huge wrestling star, but I think they are good enough to deserve one. I don't really listen to them much, more just a band that's come on while i'm on shuffle. Not a band i'd skip though either.

I think Fozzy are quite good. They are a talented band, and Jericho is a good singer. I doubt they'd have got a record deal as quickly as they did if he wasn't a huge wrestling star, but I think they are good enough to deserve one. I don't really listen to them much, more just a band that's come on while i'm on shuffle. Not a band i'd skip though either.

^Exactly this

Hollywood Undead is the best rap rock, had a poor sophomore album that killed their popularity, but they righted the errors with a very diverse third album.

They're okay but no one I'd make a point to listen to. Rap/rock has pretty much gone the way of the dodo and there's bands that have done it better like the aforementioned Limp Bizkit. I also lost all respect for them once I heard their butchering of "Shout at the Devil" which still gives me nightmares... But "America" by Deuce is pretty good, that's the only song of his I've heard but I enjoy it.

Linkin Park are probably one of the only rap/rock bands who made it work really well, until they got all preachy of course. Would Good Charlotte fall into rap rock? They were pretty dank back in the day.

Linkin Park are probably one of the only rap/rock bands who made it work really well, until they got all preachy of course. Would Good Charlotte fall into rap rock? They were pretty dank back in the day.

Linkin Park was very good at some point. But then they got worse and worse. And now they're Mainstream as fuck.

Linkin Park was very good at some point. But then they got worse and worse. And now they're Mainstream as fuck.

Mainstream ≠ Bad.

Linkin Park's first 2 or 3 albums were amazing and Hybrid Theory is an album you can still listen to beginning to end without skipping a song. And Metal, define "mainstream" and why it's bad? It's bad that they're making money and have been exposed to a larger market? Their sound and style have have changed but you still have their first few albums which are what made you a fan in the first place.

Mainstream ≠ Bad.

Never said that. It's just a fact.

Linkin Park's first 2 or 3 albums were amazing and Hybrid Theory is an album you can still listen to beginning to end without skipping a song. And Metal, define "mainstream" and why it's bad? It's bad that they're making money and have been exposed to a larger market? Their sound and style have have changed but you still have their first few albums which are what made you a fan in the first place.

I mean that even my whole school know them now. Before songs like Burn It Down and Castle Of Glass about 50 people on my school knew them.

Edited by MetalDaetlaev

I mean that even my whole school know them now. Before songs like Burn It Down and Castle Of Glass about 50 people on my school knew them.

So...it's bad that a band got famous?

So...it's bad that a band got famous?

No... I don't think you all understand what I wanna say^^

What if I told you that they made music before that? Good music that makes those songs sound like shit in comparison. And what if I told you that those songs were and are more popular than the songs you used as examples? You ARE the mainstream!

What if I told you that they made music before that? Good music that makes those songs sound like shit in comparison. And what if I told you that those songs were and are more popular than the songs you used as examples? You ARE the mainstream!

Uhm, no? I'm a fan since 2005...

I think you all misunderstood what I said...

Edited by MetalDaetlaev

I fully agree, their debut album Hybrid Theory was an absolute hit ! At the time Nu-Metal was a BIG thing and they slipped right into it and could possibly even be labeled as one of the pioneers of it too, after that they started to drop really bad, until now and I can't even listen to their stuff since Meteora !

I'm gonna turn the discussion over to a different band.

Falling Reverse is also Rap/Rock. They've actually made some pretty good songs , others meh but the ones that are actually good make up for it.