Metal / Rock Topic

MetalDaetlaev™

Anyone ever heard of Psychostick? If you have, you get a beer for being awesome. I've seen em a handful of times and while it's always in little shitty hole in the wal places, they always put on a great and funny show. A friend and I are actually planning to catch em on 6/9 when they're here on the "Murica Fuck Yeah!" tour. They're by no means a serious band but I absolutely love them and had a beer with the lead singer and former bassist before one of their shows.

This is one of my favorite recent songs of theirs. I just love the "heavyness" of it combined with the sheer lunacy of Facebook.

Everybody likes boobs, pure and simple. I actually have the shirt that this song spawned and it always gets one of two reactions. Either people read it, laugh and ask where I got it or they're insulted because they have small boobs and/or a stick up their ass.

This is the most metal song ever and it will melt your face into a puddle at your feet, be prepared.

If this topic actually gets popular (and I kinda hope it does) I'm sure lots of people will be post Avenged Sevenfold, Five Finger Death Punch and the such so I just wanted to share these guys before it happens because I love this band.

A mate of mine actually told me about these years ago while he was visiting the States, when they played for his broter-in-law's band Endorphin, pretty sure that's what they were called but can't quite put a number on it.

Never heard them myself though, I'll have a look !

Limp Bizkit are garbage now. I tried listening to one of their newer songs and I wanted to tongue kiss a shotgun! They were great for the time and I still enjoy Significant Other (13) but hell... And Fred Durst? The state of him! He needs to turn his hat right side front, pull up his pants and quit jumping around like a cracked out monkey. And this is coming from someone who was one of the idiot kids wearing a backwards red Yankee hat.

What's your top 5 of Metal / Rock bands?

Mine is:

5. Limp Bizkit

4. Weezer

3. Slipknot

2. System Of A Down

1. Nirvana

Woahh duuuuude. What's it like living in the 90's broooo?

Changes all the time, but:

1. Alice In Chains

2. Reuben

3. Protest The Hero

4. Laibach/Nine Inch Nails (can't choose)

5. Black Sabbath

Crazy. I love Reuben, seen them several times. Met them a bunch too.

So hostile, such anger, much cry.

so gay, much spam, 25yr old fucktard

what have you actually contributed to this site in the 13yrs and 11,219 posts of shit haha what a clown!

Edited by Big Pete®
  • Like 2

So hostile, such anger, much cry.

so gay, much spam, 25yr old fucktard

what have you actually contributed to this site in the 13yrs and 11,219 posts of shit haha what a clown!

Lookout guys! We've got a badass over here!

It's seriously like this site is stuck in 2001.

To be fair, music is wasted in this day and age and if you go back to your selected year of 2001, especially in metal, music was of far greater taste and originality, now it's all the same emo/post-metalcore bull crap that the next band is producing.

Just because an album was released in the late 90s or early 00s doesn't mean it's automatically out of date, come on man you can't just say this who site is stuck in 2001.

I never said it was a bad thing, it's just funny seeing most of the comments related to this come from the 1998-2003ish timeline.

Don't know why people choose to get offended by a general observation.

Alright, I'll try to set this back on the rails with my top five bands;

1) Aerosmith

This is a band I had a soft spot for even when I had my bad case of Niggerdom. It's cliche but they really are the quintessential American rock and roll band. As I've gotten older I'm able to really appreciate each member for their strengths, especially Joe Perry's guitar skills. Finally seeing them live was undoubtedly one of the best nights of my life. It might sound sad, but there's other circumstances surrounding it (which I won't get in to) that made it all the more special aside from it being the wish of a little 7 year old The Don.

2) Motley Cure & Sixx: A.M.

These two go together in my book, and an honorable mention for Tommy Lee's solo work and Methods of Mayhem albums. Motley Crue is the only band that rivals Aerosmith for my love. Only reason Aerosmith edges them out is because they've been around longer and I think Vince Neil is a bit of a cunt. I've had the great pleasure of seeing them live twice before and I have my tickets for "The Final Tour" tucked away for November 15th. With Motley coming to an end Nikki Sixx is going to be focusing more attention on Sixx:A.M. which is cool with me as I listen to "Life is Beautiful" at least once a day. I could really go on and one, but I won't...

3) Guns N Roses

Slash and Axl Rose, need I say more? Slash has had a pretty damned good resurgence as of lates, but I won't allow myself to forgive him for butchering Sweet Child O Mine with Fergie. I might be in the minority saying this but, Chinese Democracy was a damn good rock album. DJ Ashba (who's also the guitarist for Sixx: A.M.) is an amazing guitarist and a worthy successor to Slash... Don't know about the rest of the band however. At the end of the day they made some of the most iconic rock songs of all time and should be on everyone's Top !0.

4) Theory of a Deadman

They might get some shit for being like Nickelback but I fucking love these Canadian bastards. I've seen them three times and they've sounded great every time. Last time I was actually able to catch them afterwards and get my copy of "The Truth Is..." autographed and they're some cool guys. They have music for any mood a person could be in and their overall body of work thus far has been quite impressive, I can't wait for their new album. They might also have been the catalyst for me overcoming my case of Niggerdom. I was playing Indigo Prophecy and they have a handful of tracks on there from Gasoline including Santa Monica. I thought the song was brilliant and that slowly began my return to whiteness... along with a little help from another band.

5) Corey Taylor and Avenged Sevenfold

I really can't decide between the two. First of all, Corey Taylor is amazing in both Stone Sour and Slipknot. I've seen and heard some of his solo stuff and that's just as good if not better. But Avenged Sevenfold are just as bloody brilliant as Corey Taylor is. I'd never even heard of Sevenfold until around the time their self-titled album came out and Jitz (I think it was Jitz)* had made a post about "A Little Piece of Heaven" and I LOVED it. it was new and creative to me. If "Santa Monica" reopened the door to my whiteness, that song blew the door off of it's fucking hinges. I've been a fan since then, with I think Nightmare being their best album. I wish I could choose or say "Well, they edge them out because I've seen them live or saw them first." but I caught both Stone Sour and Avenged Sevenfold on the first Uproar Festival Tour and both were amazing.

So yeah, there's my top five bands and my reasoning behind them. The top three have been locked since I was a kid and odds are it won't change just because of that fact..

*Jitz, if it was you who made that topic back then I owe you a BIG thank you and maybe even a beer.

• Like 1

Yeah it would have been me, and I will accept beer as payment.

Best band going around these days is Bring Me the Horizon, Sempiternal was the best album released last year. Ghost is also an amazing band, better live, the recordings get a bit one note. Hollywood Undead is the best rap rock, had a poor sophomore album that killed their popularity, but they righted the errors with a very diverse third album. Hyro Da Hero is a pretty good modern day Rage Against the Machine band. In Flames is a European metal band that has been around for ages, but their last album Sounds of a playground Fading was their best, a new album is out later this year.

There's really no need to be stuck in the early 2000's guys.

Here's some songs...

http://youtu.be/Yo5fE-Zl-V4

Catchy song, album is a bit poor and generic though.

http://youtu.be/QBN-1Q0_Fiw

Side project by Chino of Deftones fame, killer album.

http://youtu.be/lir3dzYIhz0

Edited by Strum la Frantique

I've never been able to get into Nirvana. Of all the major Grunge bands, they were really the least interesting to me, and I think there were plenty better than them. They just seem more like a brand than a band these days.