Smoking and Vaping.

The Don

Drinking doesn't nake you loose your mibd Brotch... "controll over yourself" people can drink and have a good time and have "controll"... I get smashed sone weekends and can throw the sickest dance routines out :!ol

Idk man, I see your point, but afterall I still don't see the appeal of drinking etc. Like I said, I don't condemn or dislike anyone who drinks or smokes, I just personally would never do something like that. ;)

I'd kinda like to know how those things are childish. That's a pretty bold thing to say without then giving a 'why'. I'm interested to hear the reasoning.

I just find the idea of trying to force the fun out of you by drinking and smoking ridiculous. I like having control over myself, and very well also can have fun and let loose without drinking smoking and doing drugs. Also, when I said I find smoking and drinking childish, I meant that drinking and smoking at my age is, as crazy as it might sound, childish. There are so many 14-15 year olds in my school who already drink and smoke. Every day they post stuff on the internet and pretend like they were oh so mature. I often find myself laughing at that, as I find it pretty ridiculous.

I drank at 15. Although when I was 15 next to nobody had Facebook and we were still on MySpace so nobody bragged about it. I feel that's an issue with your generation rather than a general flaw.

Also, you don't drink to force fun out. You drink to have a different kind of fun. It'd actually take drinking alcohol to really understand what it does, much like many drugs require you to try them to comprehend them. If you're drinking to prove something to anyone else, then that's childish. If you're drinking for your own enjoyment, then there's nothing childish about it. The whole having control thing comes off as fear to me. A fear that you don't think you could control yourself, or a fear of experiencing a consciousness you've never had before.

I never have and never will drink, smoke or do drugs. I'm not really the type of guy to follow trends. I don't have Facebook, I don't drink or smoke (even though almost everyone in my school does) and I don't go to parties (in the traditional sense). I find all those things childish (except for maybe having Facebook, lol), and I just don't like not having control over myself. I don't condemn anyone who drinks or smokes, but I just don't like doing it myself.

Thank you. Same.

Drinking doesn't nake you loose your mibd Brotch... "controll over yourself" people can drink and have a good time and have "controll"... I get smashed sone weekends and can throw the sickest dance routines out :!ol

Idk man, I see your point, but afterall I still don't see the appeal of drinking etc. Like I said, I don't condemn or dislike anyone who drinks or smokes, I just personally would never do something like that. ;)

Good man... stick to it. ;)

I'd kinda like to know how those things are childish. That's a pretty bold thing to say without then giving a 'why'. I'm interested to hear the reasoning.

I just find the idea of trying to force the fun out of you by drinking and smoking ridiculous. I like having control over myself, and very well also can have fun and let loose without drinking smoking and doing drugs. Also, when I said I find smoking and drinking childish, I meant that drinking and smoking at my age is, as crazy as it might sound, childish. There are so many 14-15 year olds in my school who already drink and smoke. Every day they post stuff on the internet and pretend like they were oh so mature. I often find myself laughing at that, as I find it pretty ridiculous.

I drank at 15. Although when I was 15 next to nobody had Facebook and we were still on MySpace so nobody bragged about it. I feel that's an issue with your generation rather than a general flaw.

Also, you don't drink to force fun out. You drink to have a different kind of fun. It'd actually take drinking alcohol to really understand what it does, much like many drugs require you to try them to comprehend them. If you're drinking to prove something to anyone else, then that's childish. If you're drinking for your own enjoyment, then there's nothing childish about it. The whole having control thing comes off as fear to me. A fear that you don't think you could control yourself, or a fear of experiencing a consciousness you've never had before.

I wholeheartedly agree, with the whole post. Also, thanks for kind of enlighten me about drinking, so to say. The only experience I have with drinking are the videos from the 14-15 year old peeps in my school. And, well, they are disturbing

And maybe you're right, maybe I do "fear" alcohol, smoking and drugs. I just don't want to do anything I'd regret in the future.

Edited by BrotchMrToast™

I wholeheartedly agree, with the whole post.

And maybe you're right, maybe I do "fear" alcohol, smoking and drugs. I just don't want to do anything I'd regret in the future.

They can ruin lives, so it's understandable. I think it depends on the confidence you have in your own control in those situations. For some avoidance is better, for me I like to experience and conquer them.

I remember growing up and living with my mom she use to always say "If there is one thing I can say about my kid it's that he doesn't drink nor smokes" And it's true, I don't have any desire to do so. Before living with my mother, growing up I lived with my grandmother who smoked since she was 12 and that was 50 years plus till the day she died. She never encouraged me to smoke and I was consider a 2nd hand smoker probably from being around her and inhaling without even noticing, but I don't judge whether people smoke or not, i'm not going to stop you and I damn sure wasn't going to stop being around her just because she was a heavy smoker. She eventually passed away in 2012 and no it was not from smoking, but it did contribute to some of her breathing problems. She was a stubborn women, but a heart of gold and a tough cookie and literally raised me all my life since it was my choice to stay with her and a lot of my relatives have pulled me to the side and try to do everything in their power to have me force her to stop smoking, but I would simply tell them to back off. My family once was filled with alcoholics and smokers. Now not so sure, but I've learned quite a bit in my early youth. 

Edited by ChildrenOfTheCorn

I never have and never will drink, smoke or do drugs. I'm not really the type of guy to follow trends. I don't have Facebook, I don't drink or smoke (even though almost everyone in my school does) and I don't go to parties (in the traditional sense). I find all those things childish (except for maybe having Facebook, lol), and I just don't like not having control over myself. I don't condemn anyone who drinks or smokes, but I just don't like doing it myself.

hahahaha why are the three of these things together? this shit almost made me fall out of my chair haha

I'm imagining some kid with X's on his hands going "I'm straight edge. I don't have facebook, I don't drink or smoke, and I damn sure don't go to parties. That's childish shit. I'm a fucking man." hahahahahahaha

How would facebook make you lose control of yourself my dude haha

--

I don't personally smoke or drink or anything, but don't really mind people that do. Couldn't even smoke if I wanted to, I've had asthma for years. I get all fucked up if I even walk by someone smoking lol. One thing that I don't like though, is the whole smoking to be cool thing. I see too much of this around school and stuff. People doing it just to fit in or whatever, sad really.

OT: The Don is on his bullshit with these threads lol causing real discussion

I'll say this as a person of legal drinking age. A cold beer on a hot day is proof of a God ;)

I very rarely drink anymore. A couple beers while grilling or at a bonfire, a cocktail or two to unwind from time to time. It's all about moderation and selfcontrol. I grew up around a drunk who would drink and smoke from the time he woke up and would often fall asleep/pass out with a drink made and a cigarette burning. Neither of those effected my decision when it came to drinking or smoking, I actually started smoking long after he was out of the picture and didn't start drinking til I was about 19. But my drink of choice is Jack and Coke so maybe it effected me in that way...

But as I said, moderation. I had my "WOOO! Let's get fuckin hammered!" phase like most everyone has or will have. I've drank so much that I pass out, hit my head on the desk. Add let me tell you there's nothing funner than you sister-in-law and a buddy's wife waking you up and finding out you have rugburn on your face. I will still drink socially... I'll still get downright hammered from time to time. With that said, I've had the same bottle of scotch for almost 3 years now. I bought a bottle of Gentleman Jack in December and it's still half full. MODERATION! I didn't have that skill back then but I sure as shit do now.

I will never tell someone they shouldn't drink, it's really a case of "Don't knock it til you try it" in my mind. It's not for everyone, but I do think it's something everyone should experience once they are:

Of age.

Have a sober cab/Are home.

Have the ability to know when they've had enough or are with someone who will cut them off.

EDIT: On my bullshit? Is that a compliment or insult? I would rather see a discussion or debate as opposed to the "Ask Me" topics... But I've made my views on those posts made before. I'd LOVE to see more topics not made by me that are an effort to create an actual discussion.

Edited by The Don

hahahaha why are the three of these things together? this shit almost made me fall out of my chair haha

I'm imagining some kid with X's on his hands going "I'm straight edge. I don't have facebook, I don't drink or smoke, and I damn sure don't go to parties. That's childish shit. I'm a fucking man." hahahahahahaha

--

I don't personally smoke or drink or anything, but don't really mind people that do. Couldn't even smoke if I wanted to, I've had asthma for years. I get all fucked up if I even walk by someone smoking lol. One thing that I don't like though, is the whole smoking to be cool thing. I see too much of this around school and stuff. People doing it just to fit in or whatever, sad really.

I think you misinterpreted what Brotch was saying. What he said basically was he's different from the majority, he never said facebook made you lose control of yourself.

How would facebook make you lose control of yourself my dude

You're such tough guy. What I was saying is that I don't usually follow the trends that are currently circulating in my school. I never said I'm "a fucking man". Never intended to. I was pointing out my opinion about the current day society, which involves people start drinking, doing drugs, going to parties and bragging about it on facebook at a very young age. I was complaining about people who are my age trying to act like an adult person by doing those things, I never said that I myself am any more mature in person. Edited by BrotchMrToast™

--

I think you misinterpreted what Brotch was saying. What he said basically was he's different from the majority, he never said facebook made you lose control of yourself.

Exactly

I am legal drinking age, and I do enjoy a few drinks every and again. I don't do it for any reason other than that I enjoy the taste. I don't drink to get drunk always, per se, but drinking is fine to me. My brother and father smoke, but it's not my thing at all. I won't judge anybody at all for doing it, though. It's not my scene, you know? If someone wants to pollute their lungs, that has nothing to do with me, and I don't have a right to say anything about it. :)

Also, people that are saying they're straight edge, that aren't legal age, is it just because of CM Punk? Or do you respect the Punk Music culture? Because there is much more to being straight edge, than just what Punk preaches. I am not trying to be an arse, just seriously wondering.

I am legal drinking age, and I do enjoy a few drinks every and again. I don't do it for any reason other than that I enjoy the taste. I don't drink to get drunk always, per se, but drinking is fine to me. My brother and father smoke, but it's not my thing at all. I won't judge anybody at all for doing it, though. It's not my scene, you know? If someone wants to pollute their lungs, that has nothing to do with me, and I don't have a right to say anything about it. :)

Also, people that are saying they're straight edge, that aren't legal age, is it just because of CM Punk? Or do you respect the Punk Music culture? Because there is much more to being straight edge, than just what Punk preaches. I am not trying to be an arse, just seriously wondering.

I knew someone would say something along the lines of "You're not straight edge, you're just a fan of CM Punk" but I wasn't expecting it to be you Oldsie :p

I knew someone would say something along the lines of "You're not straight edge, you're just a fan of CM Punk" but I wasn't expecting it to be you Oldsie :p

It was more directed at MetalDaetlaev than anyone. :p Like I said, I am not trying to be an asshole, I was just legitimately wondering. :)

fufu, ain't no one gonna say anything bad about ducks around me. . Darkwing Duck FTW

You're such tough guy. What I was saying is that I don't usually follow the trends that are currently circulating in my school. I never said I'm "a fucking man". Never intended to. I was pointing out my opinion about the current day society, which involves people start drinking, doing drugs, going to parties and bragging about it on facebook at a very young age. I was complaining about people who are my age trying to act like an adult person by doing those things, I never said that I myself am any more mature in person.

inb4hipsterinsults

ANYWAYS! The whole "straight edge" movement bugs me. You know what we called someone who didn't drink or smoke when I was growing up? A non-drinker and a non-smoker... or a pussy ;) If you say you don't drink or smoke I'll more often than not say "Good for you." but as soon as the words "Straight Edge" are said "Good for you." becomes "Self righteous cunt." It doesn't matter if it's the kid on here or CM Punk either, it just has an air of cuntyness to it for me.

fufu, ain't no one gonna say anything bad about ducks around me. . Darkwing Duck FTW

You're such tough guy. What I was saying is that I don't usually follow the trends that are currently circulating in my school. I never said I'm "a fucking man". Never intended to. I was pointing out my opinion about the current day society, which involves people start drinking, doing drugs, going to parties and bragging about it on facebook at a very young age. I was complaining about people who are my age trying to act like an adult person by doing those things, I never said that I myself am any more mature in person.

inb4hipsterinsults

ANYWAYS! The whole "straight edge" movement bugs me. You know what we called someone who didn't drink or smoke when I was growing up? A non-drinker and a non-smoker... or a pussy ;) If you say you don't drink or smoke I'll more often than not say "Good for you." but as soon as the words "Straight Edge" are said "Good for you." becomes "Self righteous cunt." It doesn't matter if it's the kid on here or CM Punk either, it just has an air of cuntyness to it for me.

Sound's so poetic! ha.

EDIT: On my bullshit? Is that a compliment or insult? I would rather see a discussion or debate as opposed to the "Ask Me" topics... But I've made my views on those posts made before. I'd LOVE to see more topics not made by me that are an effort to create an actual discussion.

Slang; compliment.

I hate the "Ask ___" topics too, brother.

Satire, m8. As in, joke.

Apparently the two haha's, the hahahaha, and the hahahahahahaha translates to "hmm i'm mr. srs look at me with my srs laughs muahaha"

I'm disappointed, Brother Beardy.

Thanks [+1 to my ego]. Yeah I got that part. I know you didn't say that, didn't say you did. Thought that part of your post was funny, made a joke about it. If you read the part of my post under the "--" you'd see that I pretty much agreed with what you said. Eh, I feel like you're foreign from the way that you type/interpret posts.

--

dudes need to chill, read my post again, and take a joke and/or seat

I apologize for the misunderstanding lol you guys are a trip

I don't have the age to drink or smoke, I haven't smoked and don't want to. But I have tasted alcohol at partys with my brothers/weddings, etc and they're aware I do so. They say a bit won't hurt me as long as it's not too much.

And I don't mind people smoking at all, my dad smokes, my mom used to smoke, my oldest brother smokes, his friends smoke, 2 of my friends smoke constantly, I'm fine with that.

Never smoked, already had my lips on a glass of alcohol but it was a very small quantity. Hated it. 2/3 sisters and parents smoke. I'm used to it but i dont like to smell the smoke.

I promised myself 2 yrs ago i wont smoke nor drink.