Misc.pac Help Needed

xirtamehtsitahw

I've tried editing the misc.pac file using either Notepad or HxD (a hex editor), but despite giving the M_MAX_TIME a value of 999, the game still makes my finishers run out in 20 seconds. Also, the FRAME_LEGEND value of 9 at least seems to make it easier to reverse, but I can't seem to force the game to allow me to have finishers for longer than 20 seconds. Why is that?

• 1 month later...

Quick answer to the above question: you need to edit both instances of the M_MAX_TIME variable in the misc.pac file, plus the same variable on the PreLoad.pac file, for the finisher time to change in-game. The reason I wasn't seeing any change in finisher time was because I had only edited one of the two M_MAX_TIME variables on misc.pac, and didn't do anything to the PreLoad.pac file. Thus, nothing happened in-game.

Let me me tell you: 999 seconds of finisher time = EPIC! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The two main reasons people still play this on PSP: number one, this was the last game in the Smackdown series ever made for the PSP (officially--mods don't count), and two, which can be summed up in two words: Universe. Mode. 'Nuff said.

That being said, I've got a new theory to have someone test out (unless I find a way to buy another PSP in the meantime):

There is a certain T-shirt you can put on a Diva CAW to make her breasts "disappear", that is, she appears to be flat-chested. I used this effect to create a near-perfect Mewtwo CAW. The shirt in question is the plain green jersey with what looks like shoulder pads.

I wonder if I could expand the variety of CAWs I could use this effect on, depending on if the flat-chested effect continues to hold if the shirt in question were made completely transparent.

If so, I could make a truly perfect, albeit somewhat simplified, Midna Imp CAW, as well as the likes of Renamon, Yoshi, Birdo, and various other flat-chested characters which would look better if I used the Diva template (and the flat-chest trick).

Could someone please give me some info regarding this (unless I find out for myself)?

Edited by xirtamehtsitahw

• 5 months later...

MUCH delayed answer to above question: YES, placing top 37 on a diva-based superstar will make the breasts disappear if the top is made transparent. The effect is most noticeable when one uses the last size option (makes the character appear "ripped"). With the "invisible top" in place, the wrestler's chest appears exactly like that of a male superstar using the same "ripped" size template. The only difference is the overall shape of the superstar (using a more feminine figure).

Also, I found ways to create a TRULY PERFECT Midna Imp CAW, but I have long since erased her in favor of my original CAW idea (which I first started implementing in WWF No Mercy for N64), that of Mewtwo.

I have literally gone through HUNDREDS of iterations of Mewtwo CAWs, trying out different facial structures and body proportions, and even starting with a diva template. The only game I know of which can give a CAW the EXACT appearance of Mewtwo was WWE Day of Reckoning for GameCube (except that there were no cat's paw accessories to give Mewtwo three fingers instead of five). I found ways to perfectly emulate Mewtwo's tail and secondary neck/spinal cord.

If I had the cash to plunk down on a PS3 and a copy of WWE 2K14, I would gladly buy them both. As it is, I have to make do with a somewhat lackluster, often bug-ridden last-gen game, which is now officially four years out of date (updated-roster CAWs aside :p).

Anyway, there are a few modified versions of SvR 11 floating around the web, mostly focusing on either WWE '12 or WWE '13-based rosters and sometimes even moves and entrances. CrocoX111's WWE '13 mod is easily the best of the bunch, but his upcoming WWE 2K14 will most likely give a bit of (temporary) credence to still holding onto a PSP.

Advantages of Croco's 2K14 over "standard" SvR 11:

1. MUCH larger movepool

2. All standing grapple and corner grapple moves are now directional-throw enabled

3. MUCH larger, updated roster, including such legends as Yokozuna and Hulk Hogan

4. Game-freeze issues plaguing original game all but eliminated

5. Storyline-based "30 Years of Wrestlemania" mode!

6. Overall BETTER-looking character models than on standard SvR 11 (due to being ripped from PS3 WWE 2K14)

7. Is NOT made by THQ and Yukes. Need I say more? LOL