[PS3] how to inject textures into painttool WITHOUT Jailbreak

kim666

Meanwhile it is possible to inject textures into painttool on 360 with KG971's tool. Luckily his tool works for PS3 too.

Its Tough, But doable.

1. Get the Tools

2. Create your textures with paint.net/photoshop or whatever and save the file as DDS file (8.8.8.8 ARGB | 32 bit unsigned, only 256 x 256).

3. Start KG971's tool, load the 360 save (SaveData.dat) go to the Paintool file section and open the 00PaintTool.pt file. 

4. Select Logo 01 in the top box, You see an empty logo, make a right click on it and inject your .dds file. Save and close the app, use ONLY the first 5 spots. Hit "Fix 00.painttool.pt" and close this app.

5. Start Le Fluffie and select "Open File" from the File menu, then select your painttool file. In the "Main" tab, hit "Extract Package", and choose a location (it's a good idea to create a new folder for this) ,you get a file named "SaveData.Dat" rename it to "LOGOS.360".

6. Now the tough Part :D Start wx Hexeditor and open the "LOGOS.360" it should look like on PIC1 

[PIC1] 94pg4ww5.png

On PIC1 the important parts are marked, the red color marked (78 DA EC) is the start of the zlib file. The Blue marked (0B 16 19) is the de/compressed size of the file. This value could be different in your file.

7. Click on the two 00 in front of the red color marked (78 DA EC). Then click Edit --> Insert. This Window should popup 

7z95ivhd.png

Type "4" like in the Window and click on ok. "78 DA EC" (the red marked part) should move from offset 16 to offset 20. Take a look at PIC2.

[PIC2]
hgi56dhf.png

8. Now we need to move the Blue marked (0B 16 19) from offset 12 (0E) to offset 08. Simply click on offset 08 and type 0B 16 19 (this value could be different in your LOGOS.DAT). Compare [PIC1] with [PIC2] bevore and after.

9. Now go to offset 14 and type 20 00 00 41. The green marked part in PIC2 

10. Fill everything between the blue and green marked part with 00 like on PIC2

11. Save the File as "LOGOS.DAT" (everything uppercase) and restore it to your PS3 connect to CC and download one Logo and save it in one of the empty slots.

daveawesomeone made a Howto Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKPUjxPCQcY

Credits to KG971 for creating the tool, skunkiebutt for creating Le Fluffie, PUR3 RAF3X for help with the offsets and EEAPublic for cracking KG971's tool.

If you don't get it, buy KG971's PS3 Logo Injector
Edited by kim666
  • Like 2

kim666, I don't know you very well but I FUCKING LOVE YOU, YOU FUCKING CHAMPION. YOU ARE THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE. Honestly, dude, you fucking rule.

Edited by DaGOAT

i did this and rechecked everything you said and it didn't work :(

upload the file somewhere, i'll have a look at it.

Whats the way to do it with jailbreak?

look and here, but this nonjailbreak way is much faster.

here's the file http://www22.zippyshare.com/v/73018088/file.html

file looks good, maybe you saved the .dds file in the wrong format? should be a 8.8.8.8 ARGB | 32 bit unsigned dds file.

here's the file http://www22.zippyshare.com/v/73018088/file.html

file looks good, maybe you saved the .dds file in the wrong format? should be a 8.8.8.8 ARGB | 32 bit unsigned dds file.

well idk what that one is for Paint.NET kuz Gimp doesn't aloud .dds Files so if you could tell me what the dds is for Paint.net because there's multiple ones.

i know but there are different settings, DXT1(Opague/1-bit Alpha), DXT3(Explicit Alpha),DXT5(Interpolated Alpha), A8R8G8B8(Transparent),X8R8G8B8(Black Background),A8B8G8R8(Transparent), X8B8G8R8(Black Background) A1R5G5B5(Transparent),A4R4G4B4(Transparent),R8G8B8(Black Background) R5G6B5(Black Background) thats all the settings, idk which one to pick

EDITED: I Think i got it not sure, but Now i do the hex and try to open it the wxHexEditor keeps crashing and won't load the file, i even downloaded a new file but it still does it.

Edited by XThexRealxBanksX

i know but there are different settings, DXT1(Opague/1-bit Alpha), DXT3(Explicit Alpha),DXT5(Interpolated Alpha), A8R8G8B8(Transparent),X8R8G8B8(Black Background),A8B8G8R8(Transparent), X8B8G8R8(Black Background) A1R5G5B5(Transparent),A4R4G4B4(Transparent),R8G8B8(Black Background) R5G6B5(Black Background) thats all the settings, idk which one to pick

EDITED: I Think i got it not sure, but Now i do the hex and try to open it the wxHexEditor keeps crashing and won't load the file, i even downloaded a new file but it still does it.

It would be that one.

It would be that one.

well i did everything the tut said and still haven't gotten it i goto CC and download a logo and i get empty spots so idk what im doing wrong :/