Editing the String.pac *Tutorial

Red Rooster

i am getting the same problem that El Guapo has.

All my files are in the same folder and i also try to inject in a fresh string but i still get the error.

Anybody was abel to fix this ?

i am getting the same problem that El Guapo has.

All my files are in the same folder and i also try to inject in a fresh string but i still get the error.

Anybody was abel to fix this ?

I had this issue too initially. Did you edit a different 0000.pach? That's how it worked for me. So I extracted the 0000.pach from MY dlc then injected that into a new dlc - so the 0000.pach wasn't from the new dlc. If you have done, which I suspect you have because you know what you're doing! Then did you see this?:

Deka_night seems to have uploaded files that worked for him when he had the issue. 

Edited by LordBarker

• 1 month later...

sorry to rehash this thread, but i need to see if anyone has been able to rename all of the files in from say A157-A1B7? i get 86 names edited then on 87 it says the files are not the same size? I need like 15 more and i won't need to edit my string file again..

sorry to rehash this thread, but i need to see if anyone has been able to rename all of the files in from say A157-A1B7? i get 86 names edited then on 87 it says the files are not the same size? I need like 15 more and i won't need to edit my string file again..

The size must be same or less than the name you are editing.

let me rephrase. I can edit 87 names using the 000.zlib.uncompressed file. when i edit 88 it says file is too large. i look at the loaded file that uses the 000.pac file and it has renamed all names from A157 to A1B7. I can not get it to work tho.. so i was wondering has anyone renamed the zlib file with everyone also and it worked?

Hello Everyone! 
I ask you to help !!! I followed step by step the procedure to change the string but does not change anything. 
I've tried all the CDLC but continues to be the wrong name of each wrestler. 
I state that the miaXBox pal is Italian. 
So I need help to file the 5000 I tried to change that with the names in Italian but nothing changes. 
I would like to play with the correct names in my language that is Italian 

please help me. 

sorry but this post was written with google translate because my English is bad. 

thanks 

Gaetano

Hello Everyone! 
I ask you to help !!! I followed step by step the procedure to change the string but does not change anything. 
I've tried all the CDLC but continues to be the wrong name of each wrestler. 
I state that the miaXBox pal is Italian. 
So I need help to file the 5000 I tried to change that with the names in Italian but nothing changes. 
I would like to play with the correct names in my language that is Italian 

please help me. 

sorry but this post was written with google translate because my English is bad. 

thanks 

Gaetano

Ignore me.

Edited by Red Rooster

• 3 years later...
6 hours ago, Impaler said:

Is it possible to edit and successfully use strings that are empty and appear below Unlockables text?

Someone might correct me here, but I think I remember there being problems if you did anything to change the size of the file

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Someone might correct me here, but I think I remember there being problems if you did anything to change the size of the file

Thats exactly right, those blank strings are strings with a length of 1 or 2, if you were to try to add a longer string it would make the string.pac file larger which would then corrupt the DLC when you inject it back

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I hope somebody can set me straight here. I'm doing the string editing for PS3. And I can't get it to work. I am following the guide, minus the le fluffie stuff because its unnecessary for PS3. Here's what happens.

I extract and edit one string.

1ad3ac5e5a06054cc7626f3449bb172c55.png

Then I inject & compress 0000.yobj to 5000.pac. Then inject 5000.pac into string_dlc05.pac. But once I do the final inject the filesize drops dramatically from 6,770 KB to 1,038 KB and that's reason enough game doesn't work. How come X-Packer messes this up during the final injection?

06e87ddeea88009b26cf8c5d6a90ef9c447.png

Any ideas @Red Rooster, @N'Jadaka ?

Edited by Impaler

2 hours ago, Red Rooster said:

Dont compress and inject 0000 into 5000 just inject, as long as you havent made the file bigger it should be exactly the same size so no need to compress it

No I did not make it bigger. I should have made it even smaller.

But ditching compress and only injecting gives the same small size file.

BTW when editing strings for example when I double click a string to edit it pops up and has a blank space at the end of it. Do I keep that space after I input my new string AND do I keep the entire lenght of the string for example when changing Big John Studd (Wrestlemania) to WWE 2K15 do I put as many spaces after it to match the total number of symbols of the original string?

I tried using PAC Editor program for the final injection, seems that filesize remained the same will test it on PS3 soon.

Nope, it didn't work at all. Tried main string file in main pac folder, then dlc03 and dlc05. I changed one string and game loaded but string wasn't there.

Edited by Impaler

On 6/11/2018 at 2:33 PM, Impaler said:

BTW when editing strings for example when I double click a string to edit it pops up and has a blank space at the end of it. Do I keep that space after I input my new string AND do I keep the entire lenght of the string for example when changing Big John Studd (Wrestlemania) to WWE 2K15 do I put as many spaces after it to match the total number of symbols of the original string?

Keep the spaces at the end (or add if you are entering a shorter name) - another pro tip, Each string needs at least one space at the end, else it will combine with the string entry below, cos, um, reasons

• Like 1

Alright, thanks for the tips. I found an old version of xpacker 8.0 and that version did correctly inject 5000.pac to main strings file with size being okay. But still no changes. I mean its close to starting to be crazy. I even later unpack the file to check if it indeed has the updated strings. And it does, but the game shows all the default stuff when I go to game menu and unlockables. All old strings are there. I use default english language for the game. So Im starting to think Im overlooking something more fundamental and basic here. 

So can anyone on PS3 give a full EXACT path to the said strings file which needs to be changed? Should the original file be overwritten? Or new one made with def files updated? Please, you good people, dumb it down for me. Thank you very much. @N'Jadaka

If you have all DLCs installed then the only string file you should be editing is string_dlc05.pac, then inject it back into DLC5.

For me DLC 5 is called A09DECBF32B71FF36D0CBE0AF56B1618CA47CEEB54

• Like 1