So have some people gone back to playing WWE 13

Milanista83

Don't know if you know this, but there are people over at OldSchoolReunion that are modding HCTP, texture modding guys from 14, and importing SYM models to it, some of the mods are pretty good.

If I ever get a PS3, I might do the same, the laser on my PS2 is about done.

I have a reference guide for HCTP models and SYM that people at OSR use to help in modding (link in my sig) If you decide to give it a try.

• 4 months later...

Both WWE '13 & 2K14 have their glitch issues but I have went back to playing '13 lately.  My copy of 2K14 actually won't play on my PS3 now and I play '13 more these days.  I hope in the future 2K Sports will improve the game to the point where glitches will not happen because it is ridiculous to buy these games yearly and have them totally go out on you.  I was more of a bigger fan of the Attitude Era anyway, so it's all good I guess :D

I found if you manually go into settings and turn of [end of match replay] in all matches, that helped with the crashing. You do lose the ability to view replays but they don't really do anything for me.

Both WWE '13 & 2K14 have their glitch issues but I have went back to playing '13 lately.  My copy of 2K14 actually won't play on my PS3 now and I play '13 more these days.  I hope in the future 2K Sports will improve the game to the point where glitches will not happen because it is ridiculous to buy these games yearly and have them totally go out on you.  I was more of a bigger fan of the Attitude Era anyway, so it's all good I guess :D

so that's why you're on WWE 13! It all makes sense now.

If I go back to play any game, it's WWE'12 and SVR08. I think the reasoning is pretty self explanatory but I'll give an explanation anyway. I go back to WWE'12 because of the roster, all the sweet caws I downloaded before the servers went down are all there for endless hours of entertainment, and the universe just worked and played so much better than 13 and 2K14, you wasn't facing the same person week in and week out, the cutscenes were more unique rather than *enter superstar here* coming in to whack you in the back with a pole all the time, and facing powerhouses without having to put sliders were incredibly difficult, it was an incredible experience. I go back to play SVR08 also because I'm a big Ruthless Aggression fan and the roster gave me such memories, the gameplay was actually quite nice and the commentary that Smackdown, RAW and ECW offered motioned greatly with all the action that went on. The game also featured the two game modes I have been begging EVERY YEAR to be included rather than the nostalgia modes, those game modes were 24/7 Mode and General Manager mode, I still go back to play those every now and then and the storylines included are fun to play on legend difficulty. As for WWE'13, I hated it. I hated the 2 count glitch, I hated Edit a Championship and I hated the menu soundtrack. I can't even bear Smoke in Mirrors or Metallignus any-more. As for their universe, the branching stuff is bullsh*t. Not once did I get a branching cutscene, I had to imagine the stories in my head thanks to it's poor mechanics and if they knew I would end up doing that then what's the point in Universe? That's basically just like playing Exhibition if we have to "imagine and envision" the stories ourselves. They could've at least made up for it with some sort of Season Mode for the player to go through, but instead we got fed Nostalgia. 2K14 blew 13 out of the park, apart from it's Rivalry system needing some more tweaks, everything about it was great. 2K14 did have the annoying save corruption issues meaning that you'd have to play through the whole 30 Years again which was a bummer if you didn't use Microsoft points for the Season Pass. Overall, I don't go back to 13 but I do go back to 12 and 08. 2K14, 12 and 08 all have their reasons as to why they're superior to each other.

If I go back to play any game, it's WWE'12 and SVR08. I think the reasoning is pretty self explanatory but I'll give an explanation anyway. I go back to WWE'12 because of the roster, all the sweet caws I downloaded before the servers went down are all there for endless hours of entertainment, and the universe just worked and played so much better than 13 and 2K14, you wasn't facing the same person week in and week out, the cutscenes were more unique rather than *enter superstar here* coming in to whack you in the back with a pole all the time, and facing powerhouses without having to put sliders were incredibly difficult, it was an incredible experience. I go back to play SVR08 also because I'm a big Ruthless Aggression fan and the roster gave me such memories, the gameplay was actually quite nice and the commentary that Smackdown, RAW and ECW offered motioned greatly with all the action that went on. The game also featured the two game modes I have been begging EVERY YEAR to be included rather than the nostalgia modes, those game modes were 24/7 Mode and General Manager mode, I still go back to play those every now and then and the storylines included are fun to play on legend difficulty. As for WWE'13, I hated it. I hated the 2 count glitch, I hated Edit a Championship and I hated the menu soundtrack. I can't even bear Smoke in Mirrors or Metallignus any-more. As for their universe, the branching stuff is bullsh*t. Not once did I get a branching cutscene, I had to imagine the stories in my head thanks to it's poor mechanics and if they knew I would end up doing that then what's the point in Universe? That's basically just like playing Exhibition if we have to "imagine and envision" the stories ourselves. They could've at least made up for it with some sort of Season Mode for the player to go through, but instead we got fed Nostalgia. 2K14 blew 13 out of the park, apart from it's Rivalry system needing some more tweaks, everything about it was great. 2K14 did have the annoying save corruption issues meaning that you'd have to play through the whole 30 Years again which was a bummer if you didn't use Microsoft points for the Season Pass. Overall, I don't go back to 13 but I do go back to 12 and 08. 2K14, 12 and 08 all have their reasons as to why they're superior to each other.

Awesome post. Got me thinking.

12 is my all time favorite, but there's one big issue. I lost all my save data from everything when my hard drive messed up last summer, so I lost all those sweet caws with renders and everything. So, that's a big big bummer. 12 has a great roster though. Has Laycool, who I love.

I really enjoyed 13.

I also like 06 and Smackdown vs Raw a lot. HCTP too.

But yeah, 12 was awesome.