So have some people gone back to playing WWE 13

Milanista83

I know I have better universe mode IMO, I'm hoping that 2K15's iteration of universe mode doesn't have you facing the same guy over and over and over and over again, hopefully it'll be much better with a mixture of opponents you face during a feud, more match types in a feud such as tag matches and triple threat matches, having a second option in universe mode to control one superstar/CAW to play it in the sense of a career mode.

As a result of such restrictions to universe mode and the boredom of facing the same dude for 12 weeks, I've gone back to wwe 13 to which I had more fun playing

Well, that's certainly your opinion. I enjoy 2k14 alot. The Universe mode isn't everything about the game. Althou, if you do it right, 2k14s Universe mose is way more entertaining than this one. Finally more cutscenes, Rivalries actually leading up to PPVs, and the Storylines make way more sense to me, even thou they can get repetitive real fast. Also, (maybe it was just with my game idk) but for me I had the same card over and over again on 13, just for the rivalry not ending on a PPV(if it's not a title rivalry), but just fading away. In 2k14 The match cards are actually varying alot, except for maybe the rivalry matches, which, quite franky, make me interested in playing them with thousands and thousands of cutscenes.

That's your opinion and I accept that, but for me 2k14 definitely is the better game.

Edited by BrotchMrToast

I know you can edit matches it's just a shame that when you do so nothing particularly happens when you edit a rivalry match, don't get me wrong though the gameplay is much better on 2k14 just wish I could enjoy it

Not sure why you would ever go back to WWE 13? :p Makes no sense

Less glitches, renders, easy texture importing for PS3, better create an arena mode, universe that doesn't freeze that much maybe? :p

Less glitches, renders, easy texture importing for PS3, better create an arena mode, universe that doesn't freeze that much maybe? :p

Fotr me there were equally as many glitches, the universe mode froze just as often. You may be right with tge other points, but therefore we have Superstar Heads, WAAY better gameplay, WAAY better AI, Universe mode rivalries make sense, Superstars threads with entrance attires, custum titles and many many more things. ;)

o.O I haven't had any major glitches and my universe hasn't freezed yet :p 

Like I said though it infuriates me how the feuds are always the same matches and wrestler, it's all well and good that you can edit a rivalry match so you don't get bored, but you don't get any cut scenes of any kind which I personally find disappointing. I don't know, but do other people edit their rivalry matches just to mix it up? If so, does it not annoy you when no story unfolds from it I.e the wrestler you're feuding with doesn't come out to do something.

Fotr me there were equally as many glitches, the universe mode froze just as often. You may be right with tge other points, but therefore we have Superstar Heads, WAAY better gameplay, WAAY better AI, Universe mode rivalries make sense, Superstars threads with entrance attires, custum titles and many many more things. ;)

I'm agree with Brotch with the multiples creations tools present in W2k14, but in W'13 we are free to decide how the game will be (for me definitively WCW / Attitude Era Wars / WWF) with BrienJ and Raf3 Tools.

It's the best I've seen for the moment (not gameplay but modded games), and I join the opinion of Milanista83 because I've been disappointed by some creations points (but I like W2k14 also ;)), as custom entrance and videos creations disappeared for instance. But I think that all of the problems will be corrected by several patchs or Xbox Updates in the future.

Personnaly W'13 is a WCW / Attitude Era / WWF best game, and W2k14 (with 100 slots :D) will be my Current Raw / Smackdown / and NXT roster ;)

The universe never froze up for me... What's BETTER in the gameplay? Honestly i feel like it's almost the same besides the quicker strikes. Superstar heads, currently only Y2J, Bryan, Edge and sometimes Punk are usefull. Also i hate that after you win the match with someone with custom soundtrack the music begins in the highlights and then it begins again on the winning animation. I also forgot to say that we had custom trons too, and of course the custom soundtrack worked right.

But well, i love 2K14, but patches are definetly needed in my opinion.

Edited by RoKaDiTz
  • Like 1

Less glitches, renders, easy texture importing for PS3, better create an arena mode, universe that doesn't freeze that much maybe? :pFotr me there were equally as many glitches, the universe mode froze just as often. You may be right with tge other points, but therefore we have Superstar Heads, WAAY better gameplay, WAAY better AI, Universe mode rivalries make sense, Superstars threads with entrance attires, custum titles and many many more things. ;)

The universe never froze up for me... What's BETTER in the gameplay? Honestly i feel like it's almost the same besides the quicker strikes. Superstar heads, currently only Y2J, Bryan, Edge and sometimes Punk are usefull. Also i hate that after you win the match with someone with custom soundtrack the music begins in the highlights and then it begins again on the winning animation. I also forgot to say that we had custom trons too, and of course the custom soundtrack worked right.Ever tried to edit a match with CAWs and playing it afterwards in 13? LOL. About the gameplay, are you kidding me? No 1 counts, better reversals and the AI is like one million times better and more intelligent. That bug with soundtracks after the match for some reason only happend to me in 13, tbh. Also, don't forget that 13' has running noobs, camera angle freezes, game sometimes freezing when trying to do a match in exhibition mode, a bad Create-a-Title creator and much more. And for the Superstar Heads: It is impossible implementing EVERY single person in this roster as SH on the current generation, I personally am happy with what we got. Then don't forget that CAFs didn't do any damage in 13. Which is also a plus is that 2k14 has Trips' body and Shawns body hair in CAW mode.

Edited by BrotchMrToast

Less glitches, renders, easy texture importing for PS3, better create an arena mode, universe that doesn't freeze that much maybe? :p Fotr me there were equally as many glitches, the universe mode froze just as often. You may be right with tge other points, but therefore we have Superstar Heads, WAAY better gameplay, WAAY better AI, Universe mode rivalries make sense, Superstars threads with entrance attires, custum titles and many many more things. ;) The universe never froze up for me... What's BETTER in the gameplay? Honestly i feel like it's almost the same besides the quicker strikes. Superstar heads, currently only Y2J, Bryan, Edge and sometimes Punk are usefull. Also i hate that after you win the match with someone with custom soundtrack the music begins in the highlights and then it begins again on the winning animation. I also forgot to say that we had custom trons too, and of course the custom soundtrack worked right. Ever tried to edit a match with CAWs and playing it afterwards in 13? LOL. About the gameplay, are you kidding me? No 1 counts, better reversals and the AI is like one million times better and more intelligent. That bug with soundtracks after the match for some reason only happend to me in 13, tbh. Also, don't forget that 13' has running noobs, camera angle freezes, game sometimes freezing when trying to do a match in exhibition mode, a bad Create-a-Title creator and much more. And for the Superstar Heads: It is impossible implementing EVERY single person in this roster as SH on the current generation, I personally am happy with what we got. Then don't forget that CAFs didn't do any damage in 13. Which is also a plus is that 2k14 has Trips' body and Shawns body hair in CAW mode.

Let's just put it as this:

WWE'13- Better creating modes.

WWE2K14- Better gameplay and great additions. :p

Not to mention I have yet to freeze while browsing CC on 2k14

In '13 when I use caws in Exhibition, multiple times it would freeze post match.

Both games have their glitches but I have yet to freeze in 2k14 which is Why I enjoy it better. The AI is another reason why I enjoy this game more. On normal it's even a bit of a challenge.

not to be rude but i like wwe2k14 better it neves freezes to me just when i go to cc and try to download a thing freezes and crashes the game but wwe 13 there was best create modes.

• 2 months later...

Well for me its because I bought a PS3 last week and only had enough money to get WWE 13 till 2K14 comes out cheaper alough I saw Tyson DLC is about 50 pence which seems cheap .

I always play all my WWE games regardless if a new one comes out. I branch out and play them all so yeah I still play WWE 13 and I love to surf on the community creations. Heck I still play Smackdown vs Raw 2011 just for the fun of it or Smackdown HCTP for that matter. 

#GoingOldSchool

Edited by ChildrenOfTheCorn

Same here :) I still play 07 and 08 lol

I know that this is off topic but now that you mentioned the svr 07 and 08, have you tried to mod svr 2007?

Edited by IamCrazyPT

I can't mod SVR as it is on 360...I'm your classic person who buys the game for both gaming platforms lol. Unfortunatley 07 was never released on the PS3. But 2010-2011 provided the best flexibility when it came to mods.

Years ago I used to play HCTP with my son all the time, the other day I dusted it off, and while some of the cinemas/intros are pretty dated and amusing to look at now, we had a hell of a lot of fun playing it again.

I had made a bunch of CAW's on there I had completely forgotten about like Spongebob,Darth Maul ect.. and we were just laughing our asses off.