Official WWE 2K14 Glitch / Problem Topic

Smacktalks

Seeing as people are posting various glitches they've encountered whilst playing the game i've created this topic to keep track of them all.

If you come across a glitch, post a reply using the following template and I / Staff will update this post with all of the glitches and i'll see if I can pass them over to 2K.

Please use this template when replying:

What was the glitch / problem you encountered? (Give a short description):

Was this a one off or does it happen every time?

Which console are you playing on?

Is the glitch / problem able to be abused online? e.g. To gain a cheap win? (If so please PM me it to stop more people finding out about and abusing it)

If you have any screenshots or video of the glitch / problem you encountered please feel free to include those in your post.

Best,

Paul

What was the glitch / problem you encountered? (Give a short description):

The commentary team refers to PTP/Henry as Big E Langston sometimes and Shawn Michaels as Scott Steiner.

Happened once but I rarely listen to commentary and mute the TV so it could happen a lot.

XBOX360

Is the glitch / problem able to be abused online? e.g. To gain a cheap win? (If so please PM me it to stop more people finding out about and abusing it)

Nope, doesn't affect gameplay.

What was the glitch / problem you encountered? (Give a short description): During created titles call name the announcer goes haywire, repeatedly saying ”champion” 5 or 6 times instead of any selected call names.

The very first time I used my created titles in gameplay it happened. I went on to delete and recreate them exactly as they were, although this time the audio for the call name of the belts AS WELL as superstars, and caws in the match were missing entirely. Ignoring this, I carried on throughout the match, noticing now that (for the first time) Daniel Bryan had no audio so to speak when he should be yelling ”no” during both taunts and the multiple kicks.

Which console are you playing on? Playstation 3

Is the glitch / problem able to be abused online? e.g. To gain a cheap win? (If so please PM me it to stop more people finding out about and abusing it) Nope, does not effect gameplay.

Announcers that go mute with no sounds not announcing the match,

created tag teams with custom theme songs do not have any music playing during their intro,

ranking system not working right in universe mode. Nr 2 and 3 contenders get title matches but nr 1 contenders do not,

You can not set a default attire for created wrestlers in universe or my wwe , they keep reverting back to the original attire.

In cut scenes superstars that are in game come out in a different attire then the ones you set as default.

When you select an entrance with props and you select of not to use props it defaults back to using the props.

Match cards do not save correctly and reset if you back out of universe mode.

If you set your major and minor title the same on2 shows you can not start a rivalry between the show, but on diva and tag you can.

That pretty much sums it up for me.

I sent this to 2k sports support:

Firstly, I love the game, but these few issues are really hindering my gameplay enjoyment. 1. Some Title Graphics don't show when the Title Match presentation is starting. IE During the IC Title bout, there's supposed to be a graphic animation of the current(white) IC title but it doesn't show although you hear the sound. 2. During the WWE and World Title matches, Justin Roberts is supposed to be saying what type of match the title match is but he is muted. same goes for the Title introductions in the ring. you can still hear Jerry Lawler's One Liners (look at the gold, this should be an amazing match) though 3. Steel Cage set in Match creator with a manager. I was triple H vs Brock Lesnar with paul heyman. Halfway through the match, Heyman ran in the ring as if there was no cage at all (he was supposed to be outside the cage) 4. Last man standing matches have No Exiting set although it's a NO DQ Match This also needs to be addressed if possible. 5. In Create an Arena Mode, Logos can not be stretched like they should. This was not an issue last year or in WWE 12 so I doubt very seriously it was done by design Other than those 5 issues, I'm actually enjoying the game very much. and Thank you for listening to my concerns.
2K's Response was this:

Hi Jaispeed2013 Thank you for contacting 2k Games Support, We are aware of these issues and are currently investigating these issues. Kind regards Earl M.

I downloaded about 3 PT's last night, did stuff, then quit the game. Now I looked at PT mode and it says I don't have any logos saved. This has happened to me already, this is the second time.

I sorta happens to me every time

Playstation 3

Is the glitch / problem able to be abused online? e.g. To gain a cheap win? (If so please PM me it to stop more people finding out about and abusing it)

Nope, doesn't affect gameplay.

What was the glitch / problem you encountered?

A) OMG moments, specifically the newest additions, do little to no damage. The AI have immediately gotten up from the apron DDT, boot to the ring post, and double Shellshocked for me. This renders the feature pointless. Also, I have all three finishers still after doing the double Shellshocked

B) Finisher and Signature icons are invisible from time to time. You can still use them, but you have no notification that you've earned them.

A) This happens every time I use the OMG moments.

B) This glitch seems to occur at random. It has happened two or three times on me.

Xbox 360.

Thanks, Paul.

This is copy and pasted from another topic I posted in becuase I didn't see this one, but I added some more that look like they've already been covered here. I'm not filling out your template Paul, it's a WWE game developed by Yukes, there's lots of bugs and they're all common.

When you're front grappled and the grappler changes the type of front grapple with the R stick, and you reverse the move, it's reverses the move from the original grapple. Which is bad when you switch or switched from a back grapple because no change animation plays.

Not really a glitch but in the 30 Years of WM mode, after the Cena v HHH v Orton match, Jim Ross makes a comment about Cena receiving a Pedigree during the match. A move that actually does not have to take place to fulfill all objectives as you play as Orton.

I can't remember who, or what match but during 30 Years, I also had a name miscalled over commentary. It was Jim Ross and the person he called wasn't even in the match.

Reversing running grapples while holding a chair also consistently makes the two wrestlers spaz out into weird polygon clusterfucks. But the game sorts it shit out soon after.

Had the signature and finisher move icons never display.

Pausing the match before the commentary starts in 30 Years causes it not to play.

The gameplay improvements over last year don't appear...ever.

Edited by Strum la Frantique

I'am playing on ps3
after the first match (in any mode) the audio just disappears .. no music in the menu no commentary no crowd nothing ..
and I've to restart the game after every match to make sound work -_-
I hope I get a solution ..
BTW : I'am using Rogero CFW 4.46 + BD-EMU and EXTERNAL enabled in multiman settings ..
Edit : and now it's happening in the middle of the first match -_- WTF ?!

Edited by SAMEH209

Having title matches with caws and a custom championship is bugged.

1. You can't use a caw's alt attire in a title match with your custom championship. It will stay on the loading screen for a ridiculous amount of time. It's pretty much froze there.
  2. If you turn entrances off or skip during the entrances, The caw who is the title holder will have the default look when the match starts. But will still have there moveset.
  3. If you play as the challenger, The caw who is the title holder will have the default look during the opponent's entrance, the introductions and when the match starts. But will still have there moveset.

Happens all the time.

Xbox 360

Is the glitch / problem able to be abused online? e.g. To gain a cheap win? (If so please PM me it to stop more people finding out about and abusing it)

Nope.

The glitch im encountering is every time i try to create an arena, it freezes my game =(. This probelm happens very often. I have the PS3 version of WWE 2K14. I dont think this affects online. But it can make the game not playable. Don't seem like patch released today on PS3 fixed anything

the Title call during the entrance in universe mode is muted

also whenever I want to go for a Created title using a Created wrestler the Game Keeps Loading Loading Loading Loading Loading and Loading >> this is also in universe mod

Every time

PS3

Nope

When selecting a Custom theme in the Jukebox mode for PS3, you can't chose playlists, whereas you can do it for XBox 360.

Obviously it's permanent as of now.

PS3

No.

Edited by BrotchMrToast

Problem:

Freezing of game and xbox requiring a hard reset after reaching 47-48 opponents in defend the streak and being defeated by Clay. Same thing happened to TonyThePizzaGuy as described by Brotch. Coincidentally both situations ended the same way after a bear hug from Clay. Difference is the character used. I used ABA Taker and Tony as described by Brotch used a suited Taker.

One off occurrence for the moment.

Console: Xbox 360 with all current DLC DL'd

Cannot be abused online.

Glitch

Anytime I use a Caw it causes the Jukebox to Stop playing which sometimes causes other entrance themes to play in place of caw theme

System Xbox 360

How often

anytime I use a caws

Glitch

When I use Daniel Bryan's "NO!" taunt, the audio cuts out where the audio of Daniel yelling NO! should be.

System

PS3

How Often

Every time (Has happened since I used the taunt in a 6 man battle royal)

Abusive Online

Nope

Glitch

When I use Daniel Bryan's "NO!" taunt, the audio cuts out where the audio of Daniel yelling NO! should be.

System

PS3

How Often

Every time (Has happened since I used the taunt in a 6 man battle royal)

Abusive Online

Nope

Have the exact same problem, too.

Also, whenever I'm editing entrances for like 3 or 4 consecutive CAWs my PS3 freezes and I have to reboot.

the Title call during the entrance in universe mode is muted

also whenever I want to go for a Created title using a Created wrestler the Game Keeps Loading Loading Loading Loading Loading and Loading >> this is also in universe mod

Every time

PS3

Nope

Yep, same thing happened to me. Announcement of match and competitions in the title match.

Defend The Streak - Reached up to 52 at the first attempt, Khail eliminated me by submission ad stretch,  after the match game froze at loading screen.

nope

XBOX 360

nope

Sound Audio problem all the time when the chair is placed upon an opponents foot. The animination for connecting doesn't happen.

Everytime

XBOX 360

Same offline as Online

Edited by BEAST987

I was editing a couple of special moves. A majority of them were fine, but then, among 8 other moves I made, they were LOCKED in Move-set editor. If they weren't locked, then when I preview them, they come out wrong. Oh, and when I gave my superstar/diva one of those 8 moves, the game tells me that they do not have that move as a signature or finisher. One even somehow got the animation of Leap of Faith (even though the move I made was a Belly-to-Belly Spinebuster off the top rope)!

I can't say it happens everytime. Like most problems I have encountered, I just delete the move and make something else.

I use the Xbox 360.

Can this be abused on-line? No. Most likely not. But that means those locked moves are useless.

Since downloading the update the game keeps crashing my system. No other game I have or have had in the past. Yet every year the WWE game crashes it. A) 1st ever time I selected create an arena. B) Trying to log in online as normal.

Intermitment, happens at random. Twice today. No crashes at all before the update.

PS3

Is the glitch / problem able to be abused online? e.g. To gain a cheap win? (If so please PM me it to stop more people finding out about and abusing it) I only go online for community creations.

Since downloading the nWo dlc, matches with nWo members have sporadic audio hiccups where there are missing commentary clips and missing sound effects on finishing and signature moves for Curt Hennig.

Computer controlled ai gets stuck in repetitious sequences with incomplete logic. For example, play against Justin Gabriel. He will go into an endless loop of whipping you to the turnbuckle, hitting the corner strike which takes him outside the ropes, and never complete the springboard attack. Instead he climbs back through the ropes and repeats the sequence again and again.

Audio issues - persistent.

Gabriel's logic - not tested enough to observe whether pattern is persistent.

XBOX 360

Is the glitch / problem able to be abused online? e.g. To gain a cheap win?

No