SVR 09 the Worst WWE Video Game Ever?

2k14GAMER

. It took out create a belt and title those were great! Hardly any legends  on the game. GM mode got took out it had promise if they did it right. Career mode worst game mode in a wwe game ever! Took hours just to get your CAW up.  Do you agree with me? :)

• 1 month later...

I'd definitely agree. For me, 2008 will never be the 'worst' as it included Sabu, Sandman and other ECW Originals. 

Same also SvR 08 had such a good CAW mode. SvR 09 making CAWs with designs took ages, since whenever you moved the design the CAW would disappear and load again. Also it was just such bland game.

Having to unlock the abilities by doing specific tasks was horrible in 09 - especially when you'd pretty much always end up with the dirty pin and others that were too easy to gain by accident. I'd definitely agree that is was the worst.

Smackdown vs RAW 2009 didn't have any legends because they put them on the Legends game, hence why they gave us the ability to import the roster. 2009 was incredibly disappointing with them taking out GM mode, that was my favorite. But 2008 IMO was the worst. The gameplay was weird, they took the fun out of GM mode, and the story mode drove me insane the way the cut scenes made no sense compared to the match, like when you would win and the cut scene showed you like a bitter loser.

Smackdown vs RAW 2009 didn't have any legends because they put them on the Legends game, hence why they gave us the ability to import the roster. 2009 was incredibly disappointing with them taking out GM mode, that was my favorite. But 2008 IMO was the worst. The gameplay was weird, they took the fun out of GM mode, and the story mode drove me insane the way the cut scenes made no sense compared to the match, like when you would win and the cut scene showed you like a bitter loser.

It Did :lol It Really Did :p

It Did :lol It Really Did :p

Not the mention they cheaped out on a lot of the models, half of the ECW roster wasn't in it, and no matter how many times you played the story mode differently, it was still basically the same. And it always irritated me how I would put together a good card in GM Mode and would only average three stars, meanwhile the other brands would only have like 3 completely random matches and get 4-5 stars. At least in 2009 we had a good divas roster, but that's about as better as it got for me lol

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I thought the gameplay was actually really good in SvR 08 when you made some slider adjustments. The problem with SvR 08 was you couldn't manually switch targets to different wrestlers, even though there was an in-game option. IIRC SvR 09 fixed this issue as well as added some cool stuff but I think it was missing a lot of the CAW moves that were in SvR08.

SvR08 was the first game to have true 360-degree running. It was a little exaggerated in SvR08 but still good. I can produce some pretty entertaining matches in SvR08. I think CPU A.I. was more organic in SvR08.