How to Stream Music to Your Xbox-360! No HDD Needed!

Miztah Raza

Hello!

I don't know if people are aware of this or not, but I wanted to show all of you a way to get MP3s or music streaming from your PC onto the XBOX-360 without any CD ripping involved, this saved me alot of time and money!

NOTE: This CAN be done on any XBOX-360, you don't even need a hard drive(If you have a 4gb slim, etc)

Things you will need:

-Winamp Remote HERE

OR

-Windows Media Centre(I will not be going over on how to do it in alot of detail)

OR

-Windows Media Player

-Wifi Connection

- Songs/ Themes

-Xbox-360(DUH!)

[Winamp Remote]

1. Download Winamp Remote from the link provided

2. Put all the themes in one, easy-to-find folder, in my case, I've made a folder called 'Themes" and saved it on my desktop

3. Set it up(It's very straight forward). Be sure to make an account during the setup!

4. During the Winamp Remote setup, it should give you an option to choose folders where you have your music stored, choose the folder where your themes are stored.

5. Winamp Remote will start.

6. Go to winamp.orb.com and sign in using the username and password you made earlier.

7. Now this very simple, winamp will automatically recognize all your songs and index them.

8. On the right-hand side of the screen, you will see this:

121sz2v.jpg

9. Enter the name of the playlist and simply drag & drop the song(which should be present in the middle of the screen) on the the right-hand side(pictured above).

10. Repeat the process above for all other themes.

11. Now, your XBOX-360 and PC running winamp Remote should be connected to the same WIFI network.

12. The XBOX-360 will automatically recognize the PC running Winamp Remote.

13. Go into WWE'12----> Create an Entrance----> Custom Superstar, etc.----> Song----> Custom Playlist.

14. All the playlists should show up!

[Windows Media Centre]

1. Import the songs(You should know how to do this)

2. Create a playlist and put the song in it.

3. Connect the XBOX-360 to Windows Media Centre

4. Songs will show up in WWE'12.

[Windows Media Player]

NOTE: This is the best way to stream, no downloads, you don't even need internet access(I will further explain later in the tutorial).

1. Open up Windows Media Player

2. Go to Organize---> Manage Libraries---> Music--->Add---> Point to whereever you've got your themes stored

3. The themes will show up

4. Put each theme that you want in it's own Playlist(very straight forward, you should be able to figure this out)

5. Go to Stream---> Allow Internet access to home media, the following windows will appear:

35ho4y1.jpg

6. Select the "Link and online ID" option

7. The following window will appear:

2mqoiuh.jpg

8. Select the Link an online ID option(written in small, blue print, it's a hyperlink)

9. Enter your MSN info, etc. If you don't have one, make one.

10. Press the OK button

11. Press the Allow internet access to home media in this screen

35ho4y1.jpg

12. Now, go to More stream options...

13. The following window should appear:

99i4vq.jpg

14. Set XBOX 360 to Allowed

15. The playlists will now show up on your 360!

Right, so I mentioned before that you didn't need to internet access in general to stream music is because you can download this free software called "Connectify" and this basically shares whatever internet connection you have with other wifi devices, and in the circumstance that you do not have any

internet to share, there's a "No internet sharing" option which basically allows you to stream music (which is the only use I've gotten out of that particular option). It's just like connecting your 360 to your PC via ethernet and sharing your movies, pictures, music, etc. except you can't go on live with this option wink.png

Also, for people having delay problems with Winamp Remote, use this method, it's full proof

Also if anyone knows of any other software that can be used to stream music from the PC to the

XBOX-360 please post.

Yeah, you can stream using an iPhone or Android as well, you just have to find an app that can stream music from it to your XBOX :)2

My friend used to do this, awesome idea. But if you're on a coin metre then you're kinda screwed.

can u be more detailed in the tutorial ? i downloaded the program and i went through web but what should i do now u sir made my day when i knew there is a way to add music

Edited by Auday Alyafi™

Yeah, you need a computer on whenever you play the game.

That really should help, thanks Righteous!!

EDIT: Just checked the OP and realized everything was deleted, lol. Reposted the tutorial, check it out now, Auday.

My laptop is on 13 hours out of the 24 in the day, so I'm good, lol.

WORD. If I'm in the gameroom, my laptop is on. Streaming music is sooo much easier that ripping to the XBOX.. I wish I'd known about it years ago! LOL.. I got ALOT of entrance themes on my HDD. I plan on deleting all that and putting everything in the stream. Ya'll keep in mind this tho--- When you add new music, make sure you give the Media Player time to update, sometimes you may not see the songs in the menu on your XBOX right away.. If that's the case that means it needs 2 update in the Media Player.

• 2 weeks later...

you can use media player too,i think that does the same thing that winamp.

Does This Still Work?

And Can I Keep The Music On My Xbox Forever As Long As I Press A xD

Cool, you can also use connect360 to stream audio and movies from ur pc to ur 360, that's what I use. Dunno if connect 360 is available for pc though because I have I mac but I don't see why it wouldn't be.

I use it for movies more than music way better to watch shit on a widescreen than a laptop.

The easiest way IMO is usinng Windows Media Player. The only thing to worry about is 1. Have your PC turned on before your Xbox and 2. PC and Xbox needs to be on the same network. Other than that, just save a playlist for every song you need (Ex: download Kaityn's music then save the playlist under the name of your choosing) and it should appear in the ''Custom Song'' section of the game