(Video) WWE '13 Confirmed! First Details & Trailer!

Smacktalks

I can now confirm that the "A Revolution Is Coming" viral videos that have been posted on WWE.com are indeed to promote WWE '13 which will be officially announced this Monday, May 28th.

You can check out the reveal trailer for the game embedded above after it was leaked by THQ, however THQ are currently taking down all copies of the trailer so you might have to Search Youtube for it.

Confirmations from the trailer include:

Roster

Big Show

Chris Jericho

CM Punk

Dolph Ziggler

Mankind

Mark Henry

Sheamus

Stone Cold Steve Austin

The Undertaker (Ministry)

Based on the announcers shown in the video we'll get Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole, so whether we'll have the option to choose Jim Ross or if the commentary he recorded is just for the story mode remains to be seen.

Also included in the trailer was a scene featuring Mark Henry superplexing the Big Show which broke the ring in the same fashion as their match at Vengeance last year.

Other new additions show the abilty to place your opponent on the announce table and then perform ariel moves on to them from the ring apron or turnbuckle, aswell as the staging arena being updated to show the shows graphics on either side of the titantron.

Finally, the release date is given for the game which is slightly early than in previous years, with the game set to release on Novemeber 1st, 2012.

Source: Smacktalks.org

Seems the models aren't complete yet, you notice everything else (ring, apron, crowd) looks better than '12. FINALLY a Ministry Undertaker, my favourite Taker gimmick so I've been waiting over a decade for this haha. I'm liking the roster so far and we can't forget about Road Dogg & Billy Gunn also.

Going against Assassins Creed 3 could prove fatal though for THQ.

Yeah, it was similar last year with the models shown in the fist video changing when the game was released.

The Attitude era models, Mankind & Undertaker are what i'm looking forward to. Taker's model has been almost the same for the last few years so having this version of him will be a nice change.

This is purely a guess, but I get a sense that the scene with Big Show and Mark Henry could possibly be part of some kind of mode that is similar to the one found in the LOW game where it was reliving classic matches with set peice moments.

Also I found a version of the trailer outside of youtube http://www.ringsidenews.com/video/2605/wwe-039-13-video-trailer/

Yeah, I figured it could be something like that. If it is I think they should go down the FIFA 12 route of putting up challenges every so often with scenarios to recreate.

Hahahaha, fucking finally. It's about time those idiots got CM Punk's Entrance correct. they better friggin' get Miz's right this year.

Hahahaha, fucking finally. It's about time those idiots got CM Punk's Entrance correct. they better friggin' get Miz's right this year.

Hopefully this is a sign that they fixed some of the botched entrances from last year like Kane's.

The list is large, botch-wise. Miz, Kane, CM Punk... Miz and Punk were the worst imo. Punk still had his SES Heel entrance, despite being depicted as the Best in the World, and thusly a Face. And I STILL have no idea what the fuck Miz's entrance was supposed to be. O_o

Miz and Orton had by far the worst entrances in the game. It gave me more of a reason not to play as them.

I still played as Miz and Orton. But I usually skipped Miz's entrance. Out of the two of them, Orton's was the only one that was remotely close to the real deal. 'Cept in the game, he had a slightly feminine walk...

I thought Bret would have been in last year, especially after they'd gone as far as having a Bret Hart edition of the game the previous year.

I understand the reason why this idea appealed to THQ, but I'm not sure it belongs in the main WWE series. Most of the original storylines in the games are terrible, but take a lot of the Attitude era stuff, and mix it with modern day wrestlers in some giant "What If?" game opens a lot of possibilities.

Hopefully a lot has been done about interactive storytelling this time though, because the whole sit and watch the cutscene that's animated rather poorly, then play the match, the watch another cutscene gets old fast. I don't care if they're only QTE's (which by the way, Asura's Wrath proved you can nearly base an entire game around them), or branching dialogue paths. There needs to be something to make the story telling more involved and add gameplay. If the storylines are shit, then this whole idea is pointless, they could have just done an Attitude era DLC pack...

If I remember correctly THQ were dropping the Road to Wrestlemania story mode after WWE 12 so I guess they will be moving back to a story mode that is similar to something in SVR or SVR 2006.

Either way I hope they focus on one good one rather than three average to shitty ones.