Snowtown

jitz

Here's a movie that will go under your radars, so I'm pointing it out. Snowtown is an Australian movie based on the 'bodies in the barrels' serial killings that took place in 1999 in Adelaide (where I live), the bodies were put in barrells in an unused bank in the town of Snowtown (hence the name).

Brutal, gory, and disturbing. It has just been released on DVD and Blu Ray so it's hit the internets, download it and you won't be disappointed.

Off-Topic

I havent watched the film yet but I was watching Season 5 of Dexter when you posted this. I'd only ever seen the first few episodes of Season 1 when it came out but I started watching it again recently. The first season I thought was clearly the best, each season after seemed to get slightly worse but I thought season 5 was a bit better. The ending however seemed a bit poor, but they always seem to have him get out of certain situations really easily.

• 2 weeks later...

After watching it I was disappointed.

Maybe it was partly not knowing anything about the real events, but it just seemed so incredibly slow that I found it hard to keep watching.

As for the end...

What was supposed to happen at the end? Did they just go on to kill that guy?

I was expecting to see how they got caught, etc.

Australian movies are usually slow moving affairs with a lot of dialogue hinging on good performances. This is because all Australian movies are made on a shoe string budget, we cannot afford explosions.