Why can't we hack the *.cas files to change Attributes?

FatalArms

Has anyone tried this with the 360 version? It looks like your *.cas has the Attribute values in it, and the SaveData.dat has the Attribute values in it for each wrestler as well. I tried hex editing them the other day, changing them in each place, but the save came up as corrupted once I tried to play the game.

I tried rehashing with Modio too, with the same result. I'm a novice though, so maybe there's something simple I'm missing.

So what's going on? Anyone have an idea of how we could manipulate the Attributes that way?

Has anyone tried this with the 360 version? It looks like your *.cas has the Attribute values in it, and the SaveData.dat has the Attribute values in it for each wrestler as well. I tried hex editing them the other day, changing them in each place, but the save came up as corrupted once I tried to play the game.

I tried rehashing with Modio too, with the same result. I'm a novice though, so maybe there's something simple I'm missing.

So what's going on? Anyone have an idea of how we could manipulate the Attributes that way?

The .cas file tells the game how your CAW looks, except for the face and body shape and morphs, everything else is in the SaveData.dat file, if I remember correctly, CAW stats should be in it, and if you change any values, it will corrupt the save, not just because of the hashing. ;)

if you change any values, it will corrupt the save, not just because of the hashing.

Yeah, that's been my experience heh. But why does that corrupt the save? What exactly becomes corrupt about it? Any idea?

if you change any values, it will corrupt the save, not just because of the hashing.

Yeah, that's been my experience heh. But why does that corrupt the save? What exactly becomes corrupt about it? Any idea?

The save has custom checksums in it as well as the save itself has to be hashed correctly.

Guest rvdsabu

The save has custom checksums in it as well as the save itself has to be hashed correctly.

Is there no application or method to do this? I've downloaded your saves but need to start the game all over again (building up stats, creating wrestlers, etc). Being able to edit the save file would really make things easier.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there no application or method to do this? I've downloaded your saves but need to start the game all over again (building up stats, creating wrestlers, etc). Being able to edit the save file would really make things easier.

Yeah, I'd love to see that happen.

For shits and giggles, I backed up my SaveData.dat to my hard drive. In the game, I then changed one value of one of one wrestler's attributes - from "80" to "81." Simple change. Then backed up my new SaveData.dat and compared the two. Wow. It was changed in several different places. Whole blocks of code in some of them. An app to manipulate all of that would be great.

Edited by FatalArms

Yeah, I'd love to see that happen.

For shits and giggles, I backed up my SaveData.dat to my hard drive. In the game, I then changed one value of one of one wrestler's attributes - from "80" to "81." Simple change. Then backed up my new SaveData.dat and compared the two. Wow. It was changed in several different places. Whole blocks of code in some of them. An app to manipulate all of that would be great.

That's exactly what I said would happen to your save. :D

You can transfer .cas files from profile to profile, you just have to remorph the face and body. I explained how to do it in one of these threads here. This is one reason why I am working on just adding new wrestlers into the game, instead of CAWs, not only do they look 1,000 times better, you can give them whatever stats you want. :)

Yeah, I did see that in the other thread. Just that (1) can't add models that don't exist and (2) having to rebuild the stats really sucks. Plus, I can see tweaking this patch of yours a bit from time to time and then what - have to start the CAWs over yet again? Ugh.

I think I'll end up with two profiles - one for your save and one with my CAWs.

Yeah, I did see that in the other thread. Just that (1) can't add models that don't exist and (2) having to rebuild the stats really sucks. Plus, I can see tweaking this patch of yours a bit from time to time and then what - have to start the CAWs over yet again? Ugh.

I think I'll end up with two profiles - one for your save and one with my CAWs.

I think that it is just a matter of time before we can make our own models. ;)

If you use my hack, I don't think your old save will work. It might though, that reminds me, I need to test out my main profile and see if it works with this hack and the save I had on it.

I think that it is just a matter of time before we can make our own models. ;)

Oh, I hope so! That would be awesome. Hmmm. But what about original CAWs with wacky features? What about, say, Super Delphin with the big dolphin nose? Or Gran Naniwa's funky mask? Or Vader's old entrance helmet? Or Abdullah's flabby moobs of doom? If we could eventually even put in our own 3D models, not just retexture existing ones, the possibilities would be endless.

I'm hopeful that the upcoming WWE Online for pc inspires the modding community too. That's supposed to come out in June.

Is it possible to pull the morphing attributes out of the .cas file?

No, because they aren't in that file. They are in your main save file, as well as stats and other stuff. ;)

The ONLY thing in the .cas file, is what it tells the game to apply to the base CAW model, to create your CAW. That's it.

The SaveData.dat file, right? I opened it up with a hex editor and can see all my caws in there, but nothing really stands out as morphing info. Would you be able to point me in the right direction of where to look? Also, does the file need uncompressed somehow? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Bunky

The SaveData.dat file, right? I opened it up with a hex editor and can see all my caws in there, but nothing really stands out as morphing info. Would you be able to point me in the right direction of where to look? Also, does the file need uncompressed somehow? Thanks in advance.

You'll corrupt your save changing any of that stuff, I don't recall off hand the exact location of that stuff, but it is in there, just take the whole bit of info for your CAW and put in new save, but don't come asking what to do when your save file ends up corrupted. It wil corrupt, you can't change it unless you want to figure out the checksums. Good luck to you! :)

No, I'm not trying to change anything in the file, I'm just wondering how to get the morphing attribs from the file. I was reading a post of yours about moving CAWS from one profile to another, but you mentioned that you would have to redo the morphing of the CAW. I am just looking at where it tells me how to morph each CAW once they are moved over. Can you tell me where that info is located and how to read/decipher it? Thanks again.

You can transfer .cas files from profile to profile, you just have to remorph the face and body. I explained how to do it in one of these threads here. This is one reason why I am working on just adding new wrestlers into the game, instead of CAWs, not only do they look 1,000 times better, you can give them whatever stats you want. :)

And how do you do that, can you please explain to me, it would be awesome :D