Patching Tutorial

Compressed Text Translation

http://www.sd2.rr.nu/

A Tutorial as well as some handy stuff on Changing Screen Pics in this Zip

http://www.geocities.com/oscarwco/screenpics.zip

A Tutorial on changing Titantrons aswell as the stuff you need to do it

Credit goes to Oscar

http://www.geocities.com/oscarwco/Tutorial2.zip

A Zip file containing many tutorials related to making moves in Gameshark + Patching

Credit to Different Guys mentioned in the file.

http://www.geocities.com/oscarwco/Tutorial1.zip

• 3 weeks later...
Guest serpent

therefore already change a thing or two, the only thing that quiserea know, is like changing the clothes of the fighters in the game, because I think all the pictures, but do not know where they are, to change,

therefore already change a thing or two, the only thing that quiserea know, is like changing the clothes of the fighters in the game, because I think all the pictures, but do not know where they are, to change,

Extract everything from the ED2.PAC and edit the textures from Create A Wrestler. I'm not sure hot to edit the models of the wrestler. Hopefully someone discovers how soon~

Guest serpent

ok yo he modificado esto, ejemplo la camiseta de cena la de attitude, en fin como se la coloco, ya que la creo y todo bonito pero nada no se como ponercela,

ok I have modified this example the jersey dinner of attitude, so as to place it, because I think anything and everything nice but not as ponercela,

• 2 months later...
Guest kendrickSD2

hola soy venezolano yo tampoco se hacer modificaciones a los caw pero se cambiarle la photos de los luchadores y cambiar las imagenes y logos de season ppv si quieres agregame te doy mi msn kendrick_199@hotmail.com

hello how are you thanks for answering my email is jeargofs@gmail.com thank you very much and hopefully I can help create the Colombian version of SM2 PATCH! sorry my English is disastrous :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest alexander

hello how are SD2 Legend please see that you are an expert.

you can create a tutorial?

thank you very much in advance

my email alexander.fariass@hotmail.com

Replacing CAWs with Wrestlers

Topic Started: Sep 9 2008, 06:39 PM (132 Views)

CM Storm18 Sep 9 2008, 06:39 PM Post #1

Member Avatar

WM26 - A Canadian Main Event

Group:

ROOT Admin

January 10, 2008

Oscarw's tutorial on how to replace wrestlers with CAWs

Okay, here the simplest way to do it and its copying the information from a caw and paste it in the bin file. I tell you how to change apperance and moves.

You need a psx emulator. Start the game and make a caw with moves and the aperance you want. Also the abilities can be copied. Save in the memory file.

Lets do the example with a caw in the first slot and as eaw (in the game image) we'll take The Rock. I mean, supposed that you are gonna replace The Rock for a caw made in the first slot of the memory save.

Save an image of your game in the hard drive using clone cd. Download a hex editor (Hex edit or Hackman are good options).

Open the memory file and the game image with the hex editor. I'll explain this with hex edit options.

Go to the memory file window and click on go to. The addy for the first caw is 0xE260 (Type it exactly like this) This addy takes when caw info starts. To check if you are in the right addy select from this point (scroll down)to the byte before the first word of the caw name (0xE475) and will be exactly 534 bytes. Go again when the caw info starts (0xE260)

If you want to change only apperance and abilities select from the start point 378 bytes.

If you want to change apperance, abilities and moves select from the start point 534 bytes. The caw name can be easily changed if you want.

If you want to change only moves, they start just one byte before the apperance infor ends. Here is the addy anyway 0xE3DA. From this point select 156 bytes.

Now go to the game image window. Click on go to and type this addy 0x131596D.

Select 534 bytes (scroll up) and find the start point. The addy is 0x1315758. How you select the bytes and how you paste it's up to you but if missed one byte the game will crash.

Personally I always do it in this way. To select the bytes I go to the start point addy, leave pressed the shift key on the keyboard and use the arrow keys to select the exact bytes number.

For example, I want to paste apperance and moves so I select 534 bytes in the memory file, then go to the game image window and select the 534 bytes too.

Then I deleted them and insert them 534 bytes (00) then go to the memory window (when info is already selected) copy the 534 bytes and go to the game image window again and click on paste. Like this way I've never failed. Then save the changes in the image and scan it using Eccregen. Check all sectors that appear and regenerate them.

Nike the Bike's tutorial on how to change the compressed text in menus

For all you hackers out there that want to hack the binary file of SmackDown! 2 to make patches or whatever and has gotten into trouble with the compressed text in the game, here is how to edit the text:

First search to find the text to change in a hex editor like for example frhed.

The way to edit the names are by looking at the full name of a wrestler. A wrestler name consists of a fixed number of positions for the letters in their names (different number for every wrestler, therefor some names will always have to be shortened, Tazz for example will never have more than 4 positions). Every different name consist of a certain number of ordinary letters, for example "H", and a certain number of compressed letters, for example "an".

Hogan for example could then be written in 4 positions: 1:"H" 2:"o" 3:"g" 4:"an"

So if you would like to change Pat Patterson, that has 9 positions in total of which 5 are ordinary letters, into Hogan you could do like follows:

Pat Patterson

1:"P"

2:"at"

3:" "

4:"P"

5:"at"

6:"t"

7:"er"

8:"s"

9:"on"

Hogan

1:"H"

2:"o"

3:"g"

4:"an"

5:0x00 (To tell the game that the full name has already been specified you write the special hexademical number 00 in this position. It makes the game ignore letters written after it. Always make sure this number takes up one of the "ordinary-letter positions" or the game will not work)

6:"an"

7:"er"

8:"s"

9:"on

The last 4 positions 6,7,8 and 9 won't be viewed in the game since 0x00 was used but they still have to be in the right format to make up the TOTAL number of "ordinary-letter" (uncompressed letters) positions to 5 out of the total number of 9 positions. For example lets say that you had written "an","er","s","H", instead (as the last 4) this would have crashed the game since the total number of uncompressed letters in the word now is 6 instead of 5.

The problem is that the compressed letters are different in different parts of the games binary file. However, you can by inspection see what hex-codes that represent which letters in different parts of the code.

• 1 month later...
Guest joeyhuab

Send me full details too on how to change the titantrons and wrestler names in the menus @ joeyhuab_3@yahoo.com.ph

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...