Editing

DRAVEN

Yeah; but what I was thinking is, if there is more music space, could there be more entrance theme options. But thinking about it now, I don't think it'd be possible since it does replace the commentaries. If that is to happen, though, I'll just replace the SmackDown! ones. Haha.

Thanks for the info good sir. A lot of people would definitely be waiting for that. wooo! :D

Oh, I see what you meant now, using the replaced commentary as entrance themes. To do that, you would just need the entrance music modifier codes and find the values for the commentary files and use them with the address. But I don't know their values yet.

I have began creating my own entrance video's for my CAW's. Thanks for posting video list from the MOVIE folder Freezer, that was a big help. I have only made one video so far to see if I had done it correctly. The disk won't load but I think I may have messed up part of my clip creating it. On the link you gave me for the SvR07-Videoediting, neither link in the begining to download the whole tutorial were working. Can you give me another link? If I can download a copy I can probably get my videos working in the game.

Here's something sweet I came across I don't know if any of you were aware of. you can get a free copy of TubeSucker from here http://www.newrad.com/software/tubesucker/default.asp . I used it to download video's posted on YouTube. It was a lot easier than creeating my own clips from my DVD's!

Edited by simified

Aw nice, thanks Ken! That'll be a real fun new feature. Haha!

Anyway, I got the video I requested before to work. I remembered I had a lot of video converters backed up somewhere; and some of them did convert to MPEG-I, so I managed to get the Save_Us video to work in the game. I've gotten a lot of videos & music in this time; but the problem is, I can't seem to assign the Legends video to Roddy Piper without changing his music. I edited his music (changed it to John Morrison's) and video (changed it to Maria's), but he still has his Piper theme because I didn't change his face/heel theme (as I did with everyone else). But whenever I change his video - just his video - his music also changes. SO I guess I'll live with him having a chick (a hot chick, even)'s video. lol

OK I am new here and I'm not sure where else to ask this so sorry if I can't ask here but what programs etc do I need to do this? like what do I need to add music etc. to the game and what else can be done in the game other than that & how? Thank you

Edited by Xtreme_Deadman_Fan

OK I am new here and I'm not sure where else to ask this so sorry if I can't ask here but what programs etc do I need to do this? like what do I need to add music etc. to the game and what else can be done in the game other than that & how? Thank you

Well you can add your own custom music to the game. Meaning you can have your own music playing instead of the games sound track as well as have custom music for the wrestlers entrances. So let's say you made a CAW of Macho Man and Sting. You can import their original entrance music to the game. This can be done with their Titantron video also, which is what I am working on now. You can create clips of Macho Man and Sting and have them play in the game. Basically you create what you want, audio and/or video import it into an ISO of the game. All of the programs you need to do this are free. Here is the link, http://smacktalks.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=21909 , to the begining of this thread which contains the instructions as well as links for downloading the needed programs. You can also read from the first page forward, if encounter a question while working on your project it may have already been answered. You will be playing a copied disk of your Smackdown game once you are done so you will need a modchip or cheat device such as a Codebreaker, Gameshark, or AR MAX. You can check out this link http://www.exploitstation.com/smf/index.php?topic=5841.0 to read the tutorial and get the files for creating the program, then this link http://www.exploitstation.com/articles/FAQ.html to read the tutorial on how to play your copied game with the program you created for playing your copied game using one of the mentioned cheat devices. This was the way I went but I just found out something interesting. What I did was load my original SvR '08 in my PS2, once it fully loaded I released the CD tray and replaced the original with my copied game containing my added game music and it ran fine playing my music. Read the link I gave you though on how to slide the CD tray open, this is different than just hitting the eject button.

i have added my custom themes and entrance movies to the game following the tools on this forum, and they worked perfect first time. Thanks :)

i have downloaded a ahx2wav decoder but i wondered whether anyone has got a wav > ahx program.. ive tried all differnt softwares but nothing seems to work.

does anyone have any information?

thanks again

One problem I saw with the video editing: the arena videos, as I call them; the ones that play that show the show's title/logo (i.e. in a Raw arena the little video screens play the Raw logo over and over; in the SmackDown arena the SD logo clip on the SD globe by the entrance, etc) don't work well when you use an imported video.

I tested this when I played a Jericho-Venis-Angle IC title match. Of course it was fine when the Jericho Save_Us video played, but it just looked weird when Val Venis, and then Kurt Angle, came in.

After some time off I have began working on adding my entrance videos and am having a problem with my disk not working. I have added my own music before separately and I have gotten the disk to work so I know the problem is isolated to added the video's. Okay I am adding a total of 7 video's:

nmv008.mpg

nmv018.mpg

nmv034.mpg

nmv037.mpg

nmv040.mpg

nmv041.mpg

nmv042.mpg

I open Super and adjust the proper settings, add my files, click "Encode" and my files now appear as:

nmv008.mpg.MPG

nmv018.mpg.MPG

nmv034.mpg.MPG

nmv037.mpg.MPG

nmv040.mpg.MPG

nmv041.mpg.MPG

nmv042.mpg.MPG

I rename all of the files to:

nmv008.sfd

nmv018.sfd

nmv034.sfd

nmv037.sfd

nmv040.sfd

nmv041.sfd

nmv042.sfd

I use AFSExplorer to open the proper "NMV.AFS" files and then import my files as instructed in the tutorial. The new AFS files are then added the same way I have done my music before but for whatever reason this isn't working for my entrance video's. One thing that popped up that was not covered in the tutorial wa when I opened my AFS files before importing my files, a box popped up saying:

File has been detected as a v2 AFS file.

However, coherency errors have been detected. Use "Update" function to fix these coherency errors.

AFSExplorer can auto-update the AFE file, do you want to update it?

I chose no because that was not covered in the tutorial. Was I supposed to choose yes? Does anyone have any ideas for a solution to my dilemma?

Edited by simified

Well I just bought a 25 pack of DVD+R's so I figured I would do a little trial and error. I FINALLY got both my entrance video's and music to work together!!! What I did was when I opened up AFSExplorer I chose "No" to auto-updating the AFE file. Then I imported my files, when I was asked if I want to rebuild the file so it is smaller I also chose "No". Yeah I know that probably sounds messed up but screw it, it worked. I don't know but it may have something to do with using the disk without a Modchip. I was a little bummed out about the quality of my Titantron video's though. I used very good quality video's when I put my nWo Macho Man entrance together. it looked good on my computer but it's not so hot on my game though. Is there any way to make the video any crisper? If not, once again, SCREW IT!!! Over all, none of them are THAT bad as far as quality goes. During the entrance's for all of my CAW's you can tell who the person is in the video and the music matches up. Too bad you can't have the wrestler's talk when you perform taunts. I think it may have been WCW Nitro for PS1 but I remember playing Macho Man and when you'd perform a taunt with him you could hear him saying, "Ooooooh Yeaaaaaah". I'd love to add that feature but oh well!

Edited by simified

Well I just bought a 25 pack of DVD+R's so I figured I would do a little trial and error. I FINALLY got both my entrance video's and music to work together!!! What I did was when I opened up AFSExplorer I chose "No" to auto-updating the AFE file. Then I imported my files, when I was asked if I want to rebuild the file so it is smaller I also chose "No". Yeah I know that probably sounds messed up but screw it, it worked. I don't know but it may have something to do with using the disk without a Modchip. I was a little bummed out about the quality of my Titantron video's though. I used very good quality video's when I put my nWo Macho Man entrance together. it looked good on my computer but it's not so hot on my game though. Is there any way to make the video any crisper? If not, once again, SCREW IT!!! Over all, none of them are THAT bad as far as quality goes. During the entrance's for all of my CAW's you can tell who the person is in the video and the music matches up. Too bad you can't have the wrestler's talk when you perform taunts. I think it may have been WCW Nitro for PS1 but I remember playing Macho Man and when you'd perform a taunt with him you could hear him saying, "Ooooooh Yeaaaaaah". I'd love to add that feature but oh well!

As far as making video crisper, it seems like SvR only likes a certain format and size. It's very picky. I had a big problem with trying to make switch out themes in MUSIC.YAF that were longer but had poorer sound quality. Playing it, it freaked out. All I got was static. I would guess that their videos are formatted to a certain size, and they just increase the size so it winds up looking pixelated. That's a guess, as I haven't messed with video in '08 yet. However, I'm guessing the whole thing is intended to save some space on the game disc.

And yeah, it was WCW Nitro. I completely forgot about that. I don't remember if it was that game or one of the subsequent WCW releases, but I do remember the hardcore matches being ridiculous. There were big stop signs (pole and all) and other random things, all standing straight up in the ring. Aw geez...

BTW: Has anyone had any luck finding anything out about AHX format? I've had no luck whatsoever.

What I'm going to have to do then is re-do a few videos then. Based on what you're saying, I think if I go back on to YouTube and open the videos in the large window and if the appear to be of good quality still they will be okay to use in the game then. Here is a video of the one I have done for Sting, I am re-doing his video as well.

100_2121.jpg

100_2122.jpg

100_2123.jpg

100_2120.jpg

Edited by simified

LOL i remember that Nitro game. I've been playing the old WWF Attitude recently and I just missed the voice acting there. Not only was it good (now they all seem lazy), it was plenty. They had like voice on some superstar intros, pre-match talkies, in-match talkies, taunt talkies...

anyhoo, i burned a new copy of the game and the arena video (i.e. Raw's logo video, SD's video in the SD arena...)'s still messed up when I use the imported entrance videos. Does anyone also have this problem, because if not then this is weird.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I Used the yaf explorer and edited the Music file and i made an ISO of it with UltraISO, and my playstation says:

we cant play the disc.

Someone know how that comes?

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH I AM DUTCH =D

Cya

hi,i am new here and i have two questions

first:how do u change the format from adx to mp3?

second:how do u extract textures from the game because ggs cant see the pac files?

For converting your .ADX to .MP3 you can try installing Winamp and then following this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu5V3BVN1Cs

That'll convert them to .WAV, then you can just use any .Wav to .MP

• 2 weeks later...

Just Wondering, what is the latest on being able to modify reserved space to replace files longer than the original YAF archived ones? I've tried renaming COMMENT AFS archive to YAF from '07 and put it in '08 and it worked and I viewed the files in longer filesize and replaced them successfully but it did not play in-game because it was from '07 probably. Maybe someone could try to make the YAF files open in AFS explorer and increase size or something? I dunno lol, but I am trying desperately.

A YAF to AFS tool?

There's a program called arc2arc that converts any archive to any archive but I dunno how to use it. Could be used to convert YAF to AFS.

Edited by Ken?

Just Wondering, what is the latest on being able to modify reserved space to replace files longer than the original YAF archived ones? I've tried renaming COMMENT AFS archive to YAF from '07 and put it in '08 and it worked and I viewed the files in longer filesize and replaced them successfully but it did not play in-game because it was from '07 probably. Maybe someone could try to make the YAF files open in AFS explorer and increase size or something? I dunno lol, but I am trying desperately.

A YAF to AFS tool?

There's a program called arc2arc that converts any archive to any archive but I dunno how to use it. Could be used to convert YAF to AFS.

Hi,

I think the bad situation hasn't changed :p Also Nergal hasn't been online since December 2007 so the future of SvR08 Modding/Editing isn't looking too good :/

Myself I moved to other games like Pro Evolution Soccer. Soccer is much more popular in Europe than Wrestling much like basketball/football in US :D That game has one big advantage over SvR which I like: An enormous modding community is working on all kind of patches and the file format are constant for years now! Adx stays adx, AFS stays AFS - that's the way it should be. It seems to me like Konami (producer of PES) is knowing that their game is being edited but they don't care and continue to build modder friendly versions of their game. That's what I like :D

Consequences: Nobody doesn't care anymore if the original version of PES has no licenses for original names,kits - we buy it and then patch it our ourselves to make it right. Adding new fans chants, new adboards, new stadium, new faces, new music, new menu background/Layout - it's all possible for years now. This also means that the only advantage EAsports FIFA series had is gone (original licenses of all soccer leagues).

Well to come back to wrestling and SvR. Don't get me wrong I like playing wrestling games. I bought SvR since it came out on PSX.

The last versions of the SVR-series were great IMO, cause you had good graphics, nice season modes, great CAW mode, great hacking ressource (thx to CodeX!) plus you could change the game music/video like you want! Restrictions weren't that bad and gameplay was ok and acceptable.

Things changed drastically with the release of this year's game: SvR2008

Here the worst things:

1. JBL uses all the lines from TAZZ. No new recordings whatsoever.

2. JBLs voice... :x

3. Season mode. This is NOT a season mode for me!

4. AHX, YAF instead AFS, ADX. Why oh why THQ...

When I play SvR I almost hang out in Season Mode. Since this years Season mode sucks, I don't play the game anymore. Doesn't get easier than that. JBLs voice makes this decision easier.

I just put all my hopes in TNAs Impact game or SvR09. However I doubt that THQ will return to the old file structure. Futore of wrestling games isn't too good right now, I'm afraid.

/end of rant

@Ozzy Strikes

http://rapidshare.com/files/23829255/xpert.rar

http://psp.console-tribe.com/downloads/fil.../xpert-v20.html

These links should work :)

Edited by freezer250

Is there anyway to create the edited music discs for a normal ps2?

Yes, if you use a Swap Magic DVD+Slide Card set, which is cheap and simple. it's what I did with HCTP & SvR1.