• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Smacktalks

Smacktalks

Smacktalker!

• 24,152 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:11 PM

Posted Image

In an interview with IconvsIcon.com, Chris Jericho revealed he is finished with WWE as of August 14, 2012, the same date Fozzy’s new album “Sin and Bones” comes out.

Jericho said he will be “done with the WWE” and going “full-time” with Fozzy until the album cycle and touring is done.

Below is an excerpt from the interview:

It goes without saying you are a busy man with many irons in the fire at any given point. Is it safe to say Fozzy became a top priority for you?

Yeah, it has been since “Chasing The Grail” came out in 2010. That was the point when we decided that we had something really special here and we could really do something with this and it became time to put all of our effort and focus into the band. I was gone from the WWE for a year-and-a-half when “Grail” came out. During that time, we toured 16 countries and built up a really good fan base everywhere. When it came time to make “Sin and Bones,” I knew I would have about six months of free time. I came back to the WWE and as of August 14, 2012, when “Sin and Bones” comes out, we go on the road with the Uproar Tour. At that time, I am done with the WWE and it is full-time with Fozzy until the album cycle and touring is done. Like I said, this is something I have been doing since I was 12 years old — it is part of who I am. I think I am very fortunate to have had two dreams that have come true, both of them in these very big ways. Fozzy is slowly catching up to where I am wrestling-wise. If I were to retire tomorrow, I would be very happy with all the things we have done as a band. We have worked really hard to get here and have all the pieces of the puzzle there and ready — it has been a whirlwind! I want to continue to build on those achievements!

Click here to read the article in its entirety.

Source: IconvsIcon.com

#2 Shadow Storm

Shadow Storm

Mid Carder

• PipPipPip
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:51 PM

So it's more like taking a hiatus, then? Means he'll be gone for 6 to 18 months again and then come back?

#3 Smacktalks

Smacktalks

Smacktalker!

• 24,152 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:56 PM

It sounds like it. I just hope his return makes more sense next time.

#4 ALL STAR

ALL STAR

Main Eventer

• 4,593 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

Yeah I agree, his current run has been forgettable. He had the feud with Punk and since then he has just floated around without any real direction.

That aside I wonder when he will get around to putting out his next book?

#5 Fozy

Fozy

Smacktalker!

• 13,406 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:30 PM

I don't want him back.

#6 GEWY

GEWY

Jobber

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:16 AM

Jericho for hall of fame 2012! :D

#7 Aero

Aero

Life's A Pisser When European

• 17,727 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:33 AM

the hall of fame 2012 has passed dude....

#8 SD2 LeGeNd

SD2 LeGeNd

Jobber

• Pip
  • 300 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:09 PM

I'm a big fan or Jericho, heel or face. I would like to see him return with something stronger.

#9 GEWY

GEWY

Jobber

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:36 AM

I mean Hall Of Fame 2013