• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Smacktalks

Smacktalks

Smacktalker!

• 23,630 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9nA84R2GoQ

THQ today revealed their 2012-2014 release schedule, however the WWE Brawl game that was revealed during one of WWE's Financial Conference's was nowhere to be seen.

For those unaware of WWE Brawl, it is a THQ San Diego developed WWE project with a heavy fantasy element. The game was never formally announced by THQ, it was instead revealed via a WWE financial conference last year (Trailer Shown Above).

At present it is unknown if the game has now been cancelled or if it is just being kept under wraps before being officially announced.

Source: Smacktalks.org

#2 ALL STAR

ALL STAR

Main Eventer

• 4,592 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:18 PM

If this was suppose to be a retail release I can see why it was canceled, if it was an XBLA/ PSN it would make more sense just to release it.

#3 Smacktalks

Smacktalks

Smacktalker!

• 23,630 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:28 PM

Yeah, an Arcade release would be the cost effective way to release it if it's down to worry's about the cost of making it a retail release.

Some people might think it wasnt mentioned because it hasnt yet been announced, but the list did have "An Unannounced WWE Game" set for Q4 of 2012 which is obviously going to be WWE '13, even tho that hasnt been announced either.

#4 ALL STAR

ALL STAR

Main Eventer

• 4,592 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:52 PM

Well everyone knows WWE '13 will be out this year but I'm more interested in hearing about a possible Allstars 2 at this point. Sure WWE '12 showed improvement but it is getting to the point where I don't want to play a Yukes developed WWE title.

#5 Aero

Aero

Life's A Pisser When European

• 17,232 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:49 PM

gutted....

HAHAHAHA!

#6 Strum la Frantique

Strum la Frantique

Loyal Member

• 7,956 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:56 PM

Ahhh Paul, you're as bad as the fucking news sites. The release schedule did not feature any XBLA titles, Brawl is clearly an Arcade title. Stop trying to make news out of nothing.

#7 Smacktalks

Smacktalks

Smacktalker!

• 23,630 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:13 PM

lol

The thing its no longer listed on the press site either and it wasnt listed in the list of upcoming games they sent me with Undisputed 3. The only upcoming games noted are Undisputed 3, Darksiders II, Devil's Third and miCoach.

#8 Fozy

Fozy

Smacktalker!

• 11,086 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

You realise that THQ is almost out of business and have already stated they aren't going to do anything that will push the boat out. They're going for things that are guaranteed money, and small things.

#9 Smacktalks

Smacktalks

Smacktalker!

• 23,630 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:36 PM

Yeah, but like it was said, an XBLA release would be a smart move in terms of cost saving, especially with the sales success they enjoy with the WWE market.

#10 Strum la Frantique

Strum la Frantique

Loyal Member

• 7,956 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:37 AM

Yeah I would expect an XBLA WWE to do well, so I don't think they would cancel it on those grounds. Only if the game were shaping up badly, which THQ San Diego has so far proven that they're a good developer, so I doubt that.

Cory Ledesma has said that they have an iOS announcement coming up...maybe Brawl is headed there where it would really make THQ some coin.