Legend of WM demo out on XboxLive and PSN

seanironmaiden

Got an email from THQ there...

Demo out now apparently featuring 2 matches. Hogan v Andre with Bobby Heenan in an exhibition match and Ausin v Rock in an objectives based WM relive match.

In work now but will download when I get home assuming it's actually up

Played the game and i like it gameplay is alot simpler than svr but i think thats a good thing. The gameplay is more responsive and just feels alot better pulling off moves and irishing whipping.

One thing the that stands out the graphics are far better than SVR its just seems like they have taken more care about the look of the arenas texture detail is most noticable outside of the ring. The crowds look alot better more there seems to be alot more than in the svr games and i think it might just be the colour but its much more vivid.

Relive matches

The video package before the match is well done and captures the feeling before and of the match they have actually taking care doing it.

As far as the match goes the objectives are easy to pull off like the elbow through the annouce table get the rock groggy and press A and it pulls off the move same with going down the ramp. Think these matches will be the higlight of the game.

Anouther thing about the ending of matches it seems everone has a unique animation which is cool and the title belts are very detailed.

Download the demo its well worth, fact is the gameplay is not as deep as SVR but its just alot more fun to play and feels fresh.

Edited by ALL STAR

hence "more arcady"

yeah, well, thing is theres less in this game so by all rights they should put more effort into the features in it. dont expect the same detail in the next shitty installment of SvR

Do you have to have a Gold membership to get the demo cause I just went looking for it and I can't find it.

The demo is on PSN now.

The game is simply one large quicktime event. There's a basic SmackDown vs Raw game thrown in there too, but it's very basic. There's just context sensitive everything, and that just leads to a quicktime event where you press a certain button first. These events throw you a bit at first because you don't exactly know when you're going to get a button prompt or if it's just a stock standard animation. There's no method to the madness, you just have to pay attention at first, after awhile though, you learn when the events are. When this happens, the game becomes even easier then SvR.

So the game is easier then an already ridulously easy game, and the quick time events are guaranteed to get old real fast. The presentation was good though, and the matches had a lot of character in them as there's specific animations for specific matches that they've put in. I also laugh at Yukes incompetence as developers as they can't get the entrance and the ring in the area, they have to put a load in. When you get to the entrance and it's ridiculously small and barren, you really have to ask why they had to break up the action to get to it.

In conclusion, most people find the occasional quick time event a hindrance now, let alone SmackDown vs Raw Lite: Special Quick Time Edition.

yea D; you must ahve a gold membershit D; for new downloads you MUST,

I like what you have said ALL STAR the detail, the way you explaned it its well worth to buy it, i think so...

can't wait to put my svr on LOWM its gonna be awomse, might even be well worth,

and again thanks for the info :D saves me money to download it Xd

Thanks, even what he said about the quicktime events that is one aspect i do really like about the game it just changes things up. Like the Lou Thesz Press Austin does that is a quicktime event if you fail it The Rock will turn it into a neckbreaker.

One thing i have noticed playing it again today the actual moves have more impact and connect better than they do in SVR where sometimes it just looks wierd.

Anouther thing i noticed aswell the game seems more polished that the SVR games havnt noticed any glitches and things seem to have a better pacing and are more balanced.

Im keeping my preoder i think its going to be a great game, when you add in CAL the relive rewrite and redine matches itno account and online it seems to have alot of game to play.

i too am "serprised" lmao you and ur weird words.

it looks good but i cant see it holding my attention long, so a few days to fuck about with the warrior etc and i'll be done im sure

from the half an hour of playing the demo i don't think i'll buy it. i'll def rent it but it just seems like a dumbed down version of svr...which isn't too great to begin with.

whoever said it was a SVR Lite Edition hit the nail on the head.

Hogan looks ridiculously jacked and i still think the graphics looks the same despite what others are saying. i also see the button mashing, chains, and the like getting really old really quick...the relive thing was kinda cool but it got quite boring after 3 or 4 tries to get all the accomplishments.

Yeah the 'Relive' mode is actually really good, but once those matches are done and you've obtained all the objectives, that's where the game will cease being fun for most people.

As an exhibition mode game, I think it's severly lacking in replayability, but SvR has that. So yeah, I definitely think it's just a rent - complete the Relive mode, and that'll be it.

The whole Rewrite and Redefine modes, while not in the demo, don't really interest me. They're just glorified exhibition matches.

Thanks, even what he said about the quicktime events that is one aspect i do really like about the game it just changes things up. Like the Lou Thesz Press Austin does that is a quicktime event if you fail it The Rock will turn it into a neckbreaker.

Uh huh, and what about the second time you did the move and knew the quicktime event was coming? You never lost the quicktime event again did you? What about the twentieth time you have to do the quicktime that you had already nailed everytime from the second time? It'll get old.

the disturbing thing about this game is that the SvR controls would make it better, i almost hope they are in now as like, alternate controls

i'm very curious, given the attention to each legend in this game, how crap the SvR 09 wrestlers you port in will be, or how their movesets will work.... it will no doubt be ridiculously crap but its a watch and see thing i guess.

Very good point Aero, I'm thinking the same thing...

I hope there not shitty or anything they better look how they look in svr, if not better...

D;

guess were gonna have to wait in see.

I tried it out last night and wasn't impressed with the controls at all. Everything is the same control wise, to the point that if I tried to run when standing next to a chair, i'd pick up the chair, if I was next to the ropes, i'd exit the ring. I'll probably be waiting to see if there's an option to change the controls before I buy the game, otherwise i'll just rent it.

Is it really that terrible? I've gotta re-do all the cables and shit for my systems and stuff. I've got it all done up weird so I have my SNES, Playstation 2, PS3 and DVD-R, all set up at the same time...the PS3 is running thru the DVDR which is fucked up so my ps3 won't work because i have to set the dvdr to the aux channel...ugh...id like to try the game out anyways....

I just downloaded it earlier and gave it a shot and I will say the control layout is alittle tricky to get use to but to me the game seems like it's gonna be pretty good once I get use to the controls for me it's a definete buy.